|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Gwylan's Stand offers neither sanctuary nor succor, only the promise of death to the unlucky or unwise.
|Heroic XP:||♣2,220 ♦3,940 ♥4,180 ♠4,420|
|Takes place in:||Gwylan's Stand|
|NPC contact:||Coralay d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Gwylan Fellthistle was a ranger whose heroic sacrifice secured the region of Gwylan's Stand for House Phiarlan. Recently, House Thuranni claim jumpers invaded Gwylan's Stand and began pillaging its ruins, defying both Phiarlan's claim and Fellthistle's legacy. Sabotage House Thuranni's supplies and slaughter their mercenaries to drive them out of Gwylan's Stand.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and collect eight stashed House Phiarlan cylinders
- Empty the stashed cylinders into House Thuranni's supply crates
- Kill Crippler Bigfoot
- Kill Vargo Bodybreaker
- Kill Yarlbur
- Kill Suropox
- Kill the mercenary leader, Zared Mightyhoof
- (Optional) Kill the Thuranni ranger, Lyardiir Arrowfel (rare) (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the Thuranni sorcerer, Arlyn Feathercrest (rare) (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the minotaur mercenary, Twin Horn (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill the minotaur mercenary, Maneater (5% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Randomly placed control panel
Entry of the Ruins
- On the top and bottom of the second set of stairs on entering the ruins there are spike traps. The bottom is disabled by a panel on the wall to the left just next to the first spike trap, the second is on the wall to the right above the stairs.
North part of the Ruins
- At the first intersection, there is a set of spike traps at the bottom of the north stairs. There is a panel for it on the east wall just above the stairs.
- On the stairs going down in the north side courtyard are lightning traps. The panel should be on the wall to the left before you go down the second set of stairs.
- Off towards the east heading towards the north temple on a block is a spike trap. The panel is on the wall to the right before jumping or climbing up on the block.
- In the north temple going down the ramp on the right side fork on the first three columns are three frost traps. The panels are on the column with the traps. The first is on the left, the second is on the right, the third is on the left left. There's also a trap at the left fork at the bottom ramp before getting to the gate. The panel is on the right of the first column.
West part of the Ruins
- On the stars leading up to the west temple from the first intersection there is 1 sonic trap and one force trap. One panel should be on the ground level to the left of the stairs and one at the top of the stairs on the left.
- In the west temple there is a trap in the middle of the pillars in the Supply Crate room. The panel is located on the Southeast Pillar
South part of the Ruins
- At the first intersection, there is a set of spike traps at the bottom of the south stairs. There is a panel for it on the east wall just above the stairs.
- After the south Stair Spike trap, where the pathway narrows, there is a firetrap. The panel is on the wall to the left outside of the narrow area.
- Up the northern staircase in the southern courtyard is a path with miscellaneous traps along it. There is no panel for these.
- At the end of the trapped path is a chest with 4 force traps. The panel should be located on the wall to the left of the chests, on the far side of the pillar.
- At the first landing in the southern temple there are blade traps at the top of the next ramp going down. The panel is on the east wall.
Tips and Misc
- Arlyn Feathercrest (rare orange named Elf Sorcerer) may sometimes be found in the southern cavern.
- Lyardiir Arrowfel (rare orange named Elf Ranger) may sometimes be found in the west complex.
- The ruin is full of traps; do let the rogue lead once your party reaches the ruin.
- The northern and western entrances inside the ruin will lead you down into some underground complexes; for each complex there is a central chamber with a shrine as well as a huge crowd of mobs. The southern entrance will lead to a similar complex where the final boss awaits. Scattered throughout these complexes are several devices that hostile NPCs will attempt to use when they spot you, and if they are not stopped in time, certain traps will be triggered.
- This quest may be difficult to solo as the eight cylinders are very heavy (20 lbs each). Carrying several of them will cause a low STR player to become burdened. Hirelings will not pick up the containers for you. 18+ strength recommended if you want to solo it and carry all the cylinders at once. You can do it at lower strength in several trips instead, but that will take quite a long time.
- Aggression bonus: 100 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 118 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 140 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 14 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 20 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 23 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 28 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Kill bonuses are reasonably easy to get as this quest has a ton of monsters. Breakables are all located in the south complex making ransack easy. Ingenious Debilitation will be quite tough to get on elite as you need nearly every trap.
- Chests: 6 - 10
- 1 for killing Vargo Bodybreaker (Hobgoblin, found just south of the entrance)
- 1 for killing Yarlbur (Troll, found southeast of the entrance)
- 1 for killing Crippler Bigfoot (Hobgoblin, found northeast of the first resting shrine)
- 1 for killing Suropox (Troll, found northwest of the first shrine)
- 1 for killing Zared Mightyhoof (Minotaur, found in the north complex)
- 1 trapped in the south part of the ruins, up some stairs and at the end of a trapped path
- 1 rare optional for killing Maneater (Minotaur, found in the west complex)
- 1 rare optional for killing Twin Horn (Minotaur, found in the south complex)
- 1 rare optional for killing Lyardiir Arrowfel (Elf Ranger, found in the west complex)
- 1 rare optional for killing Arlyn Feathercrest (Elf Sorcerer, found in the south complex)
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choose from 10.
Weapons and armor are ML6, accessories are ML5. All items bind to character on equip.
- Arlyn's Ring - Ring: Dexterity +3, Green Augment Slot - Sapphire of Protection +2
- Arlyn's Staff - +3 Quarterstaff: 1.50[1d6] 20x3, Force, Protection +3, Red Augment Slot (Arlyn Feathercrest)
- Barbarian's Spirit - Bracers: Rage (spell), Yellow Augment Slot (Twin Horn)
- Giant Stalker's Knife - +3 Kukri: Greater Giant Bane, Red Augment Slot (Suropox)
- Gwylan's Blade - +3 Shortsword: Screaming, Roaring, Songblade (+2 enhancement bonus to Perform), Red Augment Slot
- Minotaur Hair Belt - Belt: Balance +7, Yellow Augment Slot (Crippler Bigfoot)
- Phiarlan's Ring - Ring: ML5, Perform +7, Yellow Augment Slot (Yarlbur)
- Roguebane Breastplate - +4 Breastplate: AB 12, MD 4, ACP -3, Blue Augment Slot with Moderate Fortification (Vargo Bodybreaker)
- Swift Demise - +3 Heavy Crossbow: [1d10] 19-20x3, +3 Enhancement Bonus, Crippling, Red Augment Slot (Maneater)
- Thuranni Stalker's Mail - +4 Chainmail: AB 9, MD 7, ACP -1, Blue Augment Slot with Dexterity +2 (Lyardiir Arrowfel)
- Brown Spider Prince
- Elf Barbarian
- Elf Barbarian Shaman
- Elf Bard
- Elf Fighter/Wizard
- Elf Man-at-Arms
- Elf Necromancer
- Elf Warrior
- Hobgoblin Chief
- Hobgoblin Cleric
- Hobgoblin Infiltrator
- Hobgoblin Slayer
- Hobgoblin Witch Doctor
- Minotaur Berserkers
- Minotaur Shaman
- Minotaur Warriors
- Troll Chieftain
- Troll Shaman
- Arlyn Feathercrest - Orange-named elf sorcerer
- Crippler Bigfoot - Orange-named hobgoblin slayer
- Lyardiir Arrowfel -Orange-named elf ranger
- Maneater - Orange-named minotaur berserker
- Suropox - Orange-named deathblood troll
- Twin Horn - Orange-named minotaur berserker
- Vargo Bodybreaker - Orange-named hobgoblin slayer
- Yarlbur - Orange-named troll berserker
- Zared Mightyhoof <Mercenary Leader> - Orange-named minotaur berserker