The Shipwrecked Spy
|Requires access to : The Path of Inspiration|
A small island halfway between Dar Qat and Stormreach, the Azure Shoals is home to an isolated tribe of Drow natives
|The Shipwrecked Spy|
|Takes place in:||The Azure Shoals|
|Bestowed by:||Carthy Cave|
|NPC contact:||Carthy Cave|
|Quest acquired in:||The Inspired Quarter|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
One of Coin Lord Graden Wylkes's agents was stranded on an island while trying to return from Dar Qat. Wylkes would like you to rescue the shipwrecked spy.
Meet Captain Carthy Cave in the Inspired Quarter, who will take you to island where the spy is stranded.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Captain Carthy Cave
- Repel the boarders
- (Failure) Protect Carthy Cave
- (Optional) Defeat the first wave of boarders: (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the second wave of boarders: (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Keep the entire crew alive: (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Find the stolen treasure: (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Carthy Cave dies)
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 1 and optional: 5)
- Randomly placed quest item (optional: 1 crest)
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Resist elements: cold, fire
- Your job is to stop the invading boarders from killing the captain and the crew. The boarders approach in waves along the piers. The best way to try to stop them is to buff the crew (especially the captain, who thinks he is a bit of a fighting legend) and to use crowd control to make sure the mobs go to you and not the crew.
- Once you've killed the second wave of boarders, the red-named will appear.
- The warpriests love casting Cometfall.
- The first shrine is on shore once you have succeeded in keeping the captain alive.
- Continue on the path through the island until you've killed everything and you get to the drow village, where you'll find the spy. You can end the quest here or kill a few more things if you want conquest.
- The optional treasure is in the Volcanic Caves. Find the Crest of the Scorpion (three possible locations), put it in the door, kill a bunch of dudes, open the door and go and swim for the two chests in the lava tunnels.
- Aggression bonus: 47 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 74 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- 1 for finishing the ship part (appears on the ship after killing all the boarders)
- 1 optional for keeping the entire crew alive (appears on the ship after killing all the boarders)
- 1 at the end for finding the spy (found at the second shrine)
- 2 optional behind a locked door for finding the stolen treasure (found inside a cave, you need a crest than can spawn in multiple locations to open the door)
- Collectables: Nat Gann's pack, on the road between the ship and the first shrine, can drop Academic Treatise, Blessed Candle, Chipped Bone Talisman, Mystical Formula and Silver Bowl.
- NPC rewards: Standard, list of 4 randomly generated items
- Dar Qat Archers
- Dar Qat Assassins
- Dar Qat Soldiers
- Drow Hunters
- Drow Monks
- Drow Shamans
- Drow Wardancers
- Inspired Dar Qat Warpriests