|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Faithful Departed
The Age of Giants claimed the lives of many elven refugees. The sacred site is where their remains are entombed.
|The Faithful Departed|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,154 ♦2,038 ♥2,152 ♠2,266|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Ancients|
|NPC contact:||Avanti Moonwillow|
|Quest acquired in:||Golden Wing Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Avanti Moonwillow, an emissary of the Undying Court, has requested that you enter an ancient burial temple on Xen'drik and prevent the drow from desecrating the temple. It is not known what they seek, but the drow have been assaulting similar temples across the continent. The court desires that you ensure the safety of the entombed while exterminating the drow for their transgressions.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Purge the Tomb of scorrow
- Kill the scorrow, Ak'xan
- Kill the scorrow, Calar
- Kill the scorrow, Takk, and his minions
- (Optional) Check the Book on the Pedestal - 275XP
- (Failure) Protect the Venerated
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 4 Venerated)
- Randomly placed quest item (mandatory: Key)
- Quest failure (if more than 2 out of 4 Venerated die)
Random spikes and blades on corridors
Tips and Misc
The span of this quest is longer than indicated. Access to the actual dungeon is inside a small outdoor zone called the Shrouded Vale, reached by speaking with Odonis Arkim, who can be found in the Northwest section of House Phiarlan.
Once inside the tomb, your primary foes are scorpions, scorrows and drows. The scorrows make heavy use of poison, which inflicts a heavy CON damage; and the drows make heavy use of blindness as well. If your party is equipped with anti-blindness and anti-poison equipment, it will make life much easier here.
The spiders in the tomb are no friend to the drow either.
You fail this quest if 3 out of 4 Venerated die. Several things you should heed when dealing with the Venerated:
- Though the Venerated will appear as if a red-name mob, they are actually going to be attacked by the real mobs; the red-name is mainly there to prevent clerics from healing them with Harm or Inflict Wounds.
- The Venerated will take damage from players' AoE spells, like firewalls - so be careful! They are in fact vulnerable to fire. Cloudkill however is an AoE spell that's safe to use, because non-living creatures are unaffected.
- Do not use charm spells to bring scorrows or drows under your control, they will keep attacking the Venerated.
- Do not use hirelings either for the very same reason.
- Note that hirelings can be safely used if you command them to stay a good distance from where you will be encountering the Venerated. The location of the Venerated are noted on the map (white squares with black dot). This allows you to use hirelings to help battle the rest of the creatures you face.
- The Venerated will become passive NPC's when their associated attackers are killed (the drow that immediately set upon them when they emerge). That includes the final Venerated, though the other drow in the last room will still attack him if they are alive.
- The Venerated are mummies. They will cast a fear spell when they emerge to defend themselves that can effect you and the drow.
Also know that the final room is kind of a player trap. Essentially, the large room features a raised platform where scorrows will get to work immediately on dispatching the Venerated once you are there. Ignore the drows at the lower level, or you risk failing this quest because the scorrows are left unchallenged at the top of the platform.
The final room is by far the hardest, but if you have saved at least 2 of the Venerated before the final room then you can take your time and pull mobs to you and just let the last Venerated die and still win. Running in and trying to zerg all the mobs will most likely result in lots of deaths.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 69 monsters killed +10% bonus
- Onslaught bonus: 90 monsters killed +15% bonus
- Conquest bonus: 111 monsters killed +25% bonus
- Ingenious Debilitation Bonus: 6? traps disabled +15% bonus
- Mischief bonus: 61 breakables +8% bonus
- Vandal bonus: 80 breakables + 10% bonus
- Ransack bonus: 98 breakables +15% bonus
- Chests: 2
- 1 in a room with a Venerated (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 at the end for killing Takk (Drow Scorpion)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Darkfang Hunters - Spiders
- Death Stalkers - Scorpions
- Drow Barbarians
- Drow Barbarian Shamans
- Drow Bards
- Drow Disciples
- Drow Fighter/Wizards
- Drow Guardians
- Drow Hunters
- Drow Man-at-Armss
- Drow Priests
- Drow Scorpions
- Drow Scorpion Clerics
- Drow Scorpion Rogues
- Drow Scorpion Wizards
- Drow Slayers
- Drow Warriors
- Drow Wizards
- Monarch Scorpions