|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Depths of Discord
A powerful elemental has been spotted in the depths of Deneith. The monstrous races name it Landslide and venerate it as a tribal god.
|The Depths of Discord|
|Heroic XP:||♣481 ♦856 ♥910 ♠964|
|Takes place in:||The Depths of Discord|
|NPC contact:||Scholes of Vedykar|
|Quest acquired in:||Hammersmith's Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Scholes of Vedykar has tasked you with entering the sewers beneath the Deneith ward and slaying the earth elemental Landslide.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Landslide
- Explore the sewer below House Deneith
- (Optional) Locate the entrance to sewer level 4 (5% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Bonechewer the Foul (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Slimepus the Foul-Breathed (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay the Soulless Warrior (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Depths of Doom)
Tips and Misc
- This is the third quest of 4 related quests. While each quest must be obtained, and rewarded, individually, the quest givers are all clustered at the same table in the Hammersmith's Inn. Each quest may be entered separately from House Deneith, or done in sequence. The order of the 4 quests is:
- After killing Landslide, the entrance to sewer level 4, The Depths of Doom, is in the next room
- The chest in the hidden alcove is guarded by a night scorpion; the other alcove has an armored wight inside it, and the door will automatically open as you pass it.
- Bonechewer may appear by the first valve.
- Slimepus may appear by the first or second valve.
- The Soulless Warrior may appear by the third valve.
- Lost Quest Guide
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 18 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 24 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 29 monsters killed
- Observance bonus: 1 secret doors discovered
- Mischief bonus: 9 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 12 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 15 breakables smashed
- Chests: 2
- 1 in the alcove behind the first hidden door, past the first closed door
- 1 at the end for killing Landslide (Earth Elemental)
- Collectables: Five
- Mushroom in an alcove to the west of the first door
- Mushroom in the water to the east past the first door
- Mushroom in the water to the east before the second door
- Crude Altar just before the third valve
- Rubble to the west of the entrance to the Depths of Doom
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Black Wolves
- Gray Oozes
- Huge Violet Slime
- Large Earth Elementals
- Lesser Gray Oozes
- Medium Earth Elementals
- Minotaur Berserker
- Minotaur Warrior
- Night Scorpion
- Ochre Jelly
- Bonechewer the Foul - Optional orange named troll which may appear by the first valve
- Landslide - Red named earth elemental, always spawns
- Slimepus the Foul-Breathed - Optional orange named troll which may appear by the first or second valve
- The Soulless Warrior - Optional orange named wraith which may appear by the third valve