The Depths of Darkness
From DDO wiki
Delve into the Deneith sewers in search of Gribbik Snarlfang, the hobgoblin chief.
|The Depths of Darkness|
|Takes place in:||The Depths of Darkness|
|Bestowed by:||Giggs Elorreathi|
|NPC contact:||Giggs Elorreathi|
|Quest acquired in:||Hammersmith's Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Giggs Elorreathi has asked that you enter the second level of the sewers beneath House Deneith and slay Grabbik Snarlfang.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Grabbik Snarlfang
- Explore the sewer below House Deneith
- (Optional) Locate the entrance to sewer level 3 Heroic: +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Fellswipe the Shieldbane Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Olcani Spiritshaker Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Ironfist Patchfur Heroic: +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Depths of Discord)
- Fire trap in the first eastern passage, at the northern end of the puddle; control box is to the north.
- Acid trap in the second eastern passage at the u-bend; control box is in the middle, on the protrusion.
Tips and Misc
- This is the second quest of 4 related quests. While each quest must be obtained, and rewarded, individually, the quest givers are all clustered at the same table in the Hammersmith's Inn. Each quest may be entered separately from House Deneith, or done in sequence. The order of the 4 quests is
- After Gribbik's room, there is an entrance to sewer level three, The Depths of Discord
- The first loop is clearly meant to be run clockwise; the closed door in the western passage is opened by killing the two regular troglodytes to the south (the troglodyte shaman can be sneaked past, if desired), and the control box for the fire trap is to the west (which would be past the trap if you go counter-clockwise). There's more than enough of a delay to run past the trap in either direction; however, you can't open that closed door from the south.
- After you open the secret door (from either side of it) to the east of where you start, two hobgoblin infiltrators spawn and rush the door.
- After you open the chest by the necromancer (at the third junction), a skeleton swordsman and skeleton archer rise out of the ground.
- Fellswipe the Shieldbane, Ironfist Patchfur, or Olcani Spiritshaker may appear either down either dead-end, or the northern corridor of the loop north of it.
- Aggression bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 34 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 19 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 in the first eastern passage, in the southeast corner
- 1 at the third junction, near the necromancer
- 1 down the western dead end, behind a locked door
- 1 at the end for killing Gribbik Snarlfang
- Collectables: Six
- Mushroom in the eastern section of the first loop (near the fire trap)
- Mushroom in the northeast section of the first loop
- Rubble down the western dead-end, past the locked door
- Rubble down the eastern dead-end
- Two cabinets in Gribbik's room, one up either ladder and across the walkway
- NPC rewards: Standard