|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Chamber of Insanity
The Chamber of Insanity is haunted by powerful wraiths whose gibbering voices have driven strong warriors to madness.
|The Chamber of Insanity|
|Heroic XP:||♣496 ♦884 ♥940 ♠996|
|Takes place in:||Chamber of Insanity|
|NPC contact:||Kranig StoneShield|
|Quest acquired in:||Ever Full Flagon|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Explore the Chamber of Insanity in the Kundarak Ward.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Locate and destroy the Shade of Madness
- Locate and destroy the Shade of Despair
- Locate and destroy the Shade of Hatred
- Locate and destroy the Shade of Agony
- Kill the Soulless one
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require INT and WIS checks)
- The levers in the four corner rooms are each protected by a poison trap; the control boxes are to the left of the lever (as faced from the center of the room).
- The chest in the secret alcove is protected by a blade trap and also a spinner trap
Tips and Misc
- When you pull the levers in the corner rooms, three things will happen: the door behind you will close, the poison trap in the center of the room will activate, and one of the Shades will appear. If you stand around the edges of the room and pull the lever from the back, you can easily avoid the poison, which continues to burst until the shade is defeated. Slaying the shade will also open both doors, and not just the one you opened to enter.
- The runes to get to the chest are intelligence (over 16 INT required) and wisdom (17 WIS required); you need to use both of them to open the door.
- The chest in the central room is warded; you need to kill the three guards (but not the Soulless One) to get to it.
- This quest is actually difficult to solo, despite being listed as average difficulty. The shades are difficult to hit, and their phases of fading and reappearing just make it harder.
- Lost Quest Guide
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 17 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 23 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 28 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disarmed
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 14 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 19 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 23 breakables smashed
- Chests: 2
- 1 trapped in a rune sealed alcove in the southeast corner
- 1 at the end for killing the Soulless One (Spectre)
- Collectables: Five
- Cabinet in the north corridor, just outside the northwest room
- Adventurer's Pack in the eastern corridor, across from the shrine
- Adventurer's Pack in the northeast corner of the southeast room
- Alchemy Table in the south corridor, along the southern wall in the central area
- Mushroom in the south corridor, in the southwest corner of the central area
- NPC rewards: Random
- Arcane Skeletons
- Armored Wights
- Dwarf Zombies
- Elf Necromancer
- Elf Zombies
- Halfling Zombies
- Human Necromancer
- Wight Priests