|Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. For suggestions, please see the talk page, or embedded <!-- comments --> while .
Creature Companions, also known as Familiars or Pets, are little creatures following the character through dungeons and public areas. They can be summoned or dismissed at will and have no effect on game play. Creature Companions can be purchased through the DDO Store. Special Companions types can be obtained as prizes or through special means only (like pre-ordering the Menace of the Underdark Expansion).
- All characters in the same server of a given player share the same "stable" of Companions.
- A character may only have up to one active Companion at any point in time. Selecting another dismisses the first.
- Creature Companions are available through "Certificate of Ownership" items. These items are usually unbound and can be auctioned and traded freely (exceptions are noted below). The actual ownership of the Creature Companion is only granted when the item is activated.
- Companions are delivered with a set of tricks that can be activated to temporarily change the companion attitude (a Wolf Pup companion could howl, for example). Additional tricks can be purchased from the DDO Store.
- Companion Tricks are bought from the DDO store, but can be auctioned and traded freely.
- Companions can also receive cosmetic changes, like a Magician's Hat, colored collars, or leave a path of colored glittering dust in their trail.
- Cosmetic changes to companions are bought from the DDO store, but can be auctioned and traded freely.
- When used, the cosmetic item is added to the currently-summoned pet's inventory, where it can be selected (a pet can have no item equipped or a single item equipped at a time).
- Pets cannot share the same item: you have to get a new copy of the item if you want to put it on another of your pets.
- Companions can't be selected through the Focus Orb, have no hit point and are not affected in-game by any means. At the moment, they exist only for entertainment purpose.
Upon activation, each Creature Companion has a generic name. The companion owner can change the creature name once for free (further changes must be made via a creature name change certificate purchased from the DDO Store).
- The name must be a single word. People usually use mixed case strings ("MyNewCutePet") to circumvent this limitation.
- Companion Names must follow usual naming rules for DDO (no profanity, etc.)
- Hyphens, dashes, numbers, accented vowels, and underscores are not possible.
- There is no exclusivity over Companion Names. Different people may use the same name for their companions, and several companions from a given player may share the same name.
Companions currently found in game
- UAV means no longer available using normal means (excluding limited time store pets, which usually return).
- BtC means the Ownership Certificate for this pet is , meaning it cannot be traded or auctioned (the pet itself is accessible by any character on the account on the server once the Ownership Certificate is used). All Ownership Certificates not so noted are unbound and can be traded or auctioned before use.
|Bats: (Fire and Poison)||295 TP each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).|
|Bear Cubs: (Brown and Panda)||395 TP each.|
|Beholderlings: (Frost and Classic)||495 TP each, 850 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).|
|Cranium Rats: (Black, Gray, and Purple)||195 TP each, 395 for the bundle.|
|Earth Elementals: (Gold and Stone)||395 TP each, 695 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).|
|Fire Elementals: (Pink and Classic Red/Orange)||395 TP each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 2 tricks).|
|Frogs: (Poison Dart, Pond, and Red-Eyed Tree)||295 TP each, 695 for the bundle (which includes 1 trick).|
|Gargoyles: (Granite, Magma, and Shadow)||495 TP each, 1,195 TP for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).||The granite gargoyle was also a gift for those who lost their pets temporarily ().|
|Gelatinous Cubelets (Cyan and Green)||395 TP each.||Cyan also available in Heroic Otto's Irresistible Box when available. Green Gelatinous Cubelet Ownership Certificate is currently BtA instead of unbound which .|
|Kobolds: (Blue, Green, and Red)||295 TP each, 595 for the bundle.|
|Water Elementals: (Lake, Sea, and Tropical)||195 TP each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 2 tricks).|
|Limited time - currently or permanently available|
|Parrots: (Crested Cockatoo, Blue and Gold Macaw, Military Macaw, Scarlet Macaw )||395 TP each except Crested Cockatoo (currently 495)||it is unknown if there is a bundle yet|
|Golems: (Bronze, Iron, and Steel)||395 TP each, 795 for the bundle.|
|Mephits: (Ice, Lightning, and Ooze)||350 TP each, 895 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).|
|Pseudodragon||From 395 TP Creature Companion Mystery Basket||5% chance of getting it.|
|Renders: (Flame, Flesh, and Frost)||295 TP each, 595 for the bundle.|
|Rust Monsters: (Pink-Gray and normal red)||395 TP each, 695 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).|
|Scorpions: (Iridescent and Jeweled)||395 TP for the Jeweled, 295 for the Iridescent, 895 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).|
|Tressym (Desert Tressym, Eveningstar Tressym, Gray Tabby Tressym, Savanna Tressym, Tuxedo Tressym)||5 kinds from 395 TP Creature Companion Mystery Basket||random which kind you get (95% chance will be a Tressym, 5% will be the Pseudodragon one), unbound.|
|Limited time - currently unavailable|
|Cyan Gelatinous Cubelet||Heroic Otto's Irresistible Box, 4995 TP (Previously: Otto's Irresistible Box, 4995 TP).||BtC, but box unbound so can be traded|
|Red Gelatinous Cubelet||Epic Otto's Irresistible Box, 4995 TP (Previously: Bigby's Handy Box, 3995 TP).||BtC, but box unbound so can be traded|
|Wraiths: (Forest and Gray)||295 TP each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 2 tricks).|
|Fiendish Scorpion (BtC):||Starter Pack ($9.99)||includes: 4 tricks, Catacombs Adventure Pack, BtA Permanent Cleric level 3 Hireling, 5 BtC Excellent Experience Elixirs, and 250 TP.|
|Polar Bear Cub||Midwinter Festival, 10,000 Motes of Winter.||, but motes unbound|
|Snow Panther Cub||Use 3 Stones of Experience on others.||UAV, currently has a bug where certificate is shown asbut is still able to be posted to the AH and might be tradeable|
|Snowy Owlbear||Donating to Turbine's team for Movember (), given out at in-game events such as Cordovan's trivia events.|
|Winter Wolf Pup||Community Loot List item. Now available from Daily Dice Gold rare roll? (needs verification).|
|Yellow Gelatinous Cubelet||Refer 3 friends for the refer a friend program (now unavailable), now available if you like DDO on Facebook.|
|Dusty Air Elemental||Used in various events.|
|Invisible Mini-stalker||Available as a DDO 10th Anniversary item.|
|Demonweb Spiderling||Collectors, standard, and base editions||UAV, BtC|
|Druid's Wolf Pup||Collectors and standard editions||UAV, BtC|
|Onyx Panther Cub||Collectors edition||UAV, BtC|
|Calico Tressym||Pre-order bonus (Order expansion before August 19)||BtC|
|Tawny Owlbear||Pre-order bonus||BtC|
|Tan-Stripe Pseudodragon||Legendary upgrade||Unbound|
|Air Elemental||Volume 4|
|Blue Fire Elemental||Volume 3||1,600 Fire Elemental kills by your party on one server. BtC and automatically used when bestowed.|
|Chaos Beholderling||Volume 3||1,600 Beholder kills by your party on one server.BtC and automatically used when bestowed.|
|Forest Spiderling||Prologue||1,200 Spider kills and 80 types by your party on one server. BtC and automatically used when bestowed.|
|Fruit Bat||Volume 1||3,500 Bat kills and 10 Bat types by your party on one server. BtC and automatically used when bestowed.|
|Grey-tipped Rust Monster||Volume 1||3,500 Rust Monster kills and 20 types by your party on one server. BtC?|
|Hell Hound||Volume 6||7,000 Hell Hound kills by your party on one server. BtC?|
|Obsidian Earth Elemental||Volume 2||7,000 Earth Elemental kills and 24 types by your party on one server. BtC?|
|Tainted Water Elemental||Volume 5||BtC|
|Violet Wraith||Volume 2||7,000 Wraith kills and 30 types by your party on one server. BtC?|
Daily Dice Gold Roll
|Black-stripe Pseudodragon||Chance from rolling 97-100||in addition to XP and ability tome reward at the same time. Unbound.|
|Storm Horns Owlbear|
|Spotted Wolf Pup||250 Purple Dragon Knight favor||BtC|
|Violet Gelatinous Cube-let||Caught in the Web and The Fall of Truth chest drop||Any Difficulty. Very tiny chance compared to +5 Ability tomes. BtC|
|Tawny Lion cub||10,000 Mysterious Remnants||BtA|