|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
|Please help improve this page.
You can help by editing this page. Please see the talk page for suggestions.
- This stub is related to Creature Companions in Dungeons and Dragons Online and needs to be filled out. If you are considering filling it out, some good places to check would be both the google and ddo.com forum search pages. You can help expand it by clicking the Edit link at the top of the page.
Also known as Familiars or Pets, Creature Companions are little creatures following the character through dungeons and public areas. They can be summoned or dismissed at will and have no effect on game play. Creature Companions can be purchased through the DDO Store. Special Companions types can be obtained as prizes or through special means only (like pre-ordering the Menace of the Underdark Expansion).
- All characters of a given player share the same "stable" of Companions.
- A character may only have up to one active Companion at any point in time. Selecting another dismisses the first.
- Creature Companions are available through "Certificate of Ownership" items. These items are usually unbound and can be auctioned and traded freely (exceptions are noted below). The actual ownership of the Creature Companion is only granted when the item is activated.
- Companions are delivered with a set of tricks that can be activated to temporarily change the companion attitude (a Wolf Pup companion could howl, for example). Additional tricks can be purchased from the DDO Store.
- Companion Tricks are bought from the DDO store, but can be auctioned and traded freely.
- Companions can also receive cosmetic changes, like a Magician's Hat, colored collars, or leave a path of colored glittering dust in their trail.
- Cosmetic changes to companions are bought from the DDO store, but can be auctioned and traded freely.
- When used, the cosmetic item is added to the currently-summoned pet's inventory, where it can be selected (a pet can have no item equipped or a single item equipped at a time).
- Pets cannot share the same item: you have to get a new copy of the item if you want to put it on another of your pets.
- Companions can't be selected through the Focus Orb, have no hit point and are not affected in-game by any means. At the moment, they exist only for entertainment purpose.
 Companion names
Upon activation, each Creature Companion has a generic name. The companion owner can change the creature name once for free (further changes must be made via a creature name change certificate purchased from the DDO Store).
- The name must be a single word. People usually use mixed case strings ("MyNewCutePet") to circumvent this limitation.
- Companion Names must follow usual naming rules for DDO (no profanity, etc.)
- Hyphens, dashes, numbers, accented vowels, and underscores are not possible.
- There is no exclusivity over Companion Names. Different people may use the same name for their companions, and several companions from a given player may share the same name.
 Companions currently found in game
- UAV means no longer available using normal means (excluding limited time store pets, which usually return).
- BTC means the Ownership Certificate for this pet is bound to character on acquire, meaning it cannot be traded or auctioned (the pet itself is accessible by any character on the account on the server once the Ownership Certificate is used). All Ownership Certificates not so noted are unbound and can be traded or auctioned before use.
- DDO Store:
- Bats: (Fire and Poison) 295 tp each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).
- Cranium Rats: (Black, Gray, and Purple) 195 tp each, 395 for the bundle.
- Gargoyles: (Granite, Magma, and Shadow) 495 tp each, 1,195 tp for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks). The granite gargoyle was also a gift for those who lost their pets temporarily .
- Kobolds: (Blue, Green, and Red) 295 tp each, 595 for the bundle.
- Limited time:
- Beholderling: (Frost and Classic) 495 tp each, 850 for the bundle(will be out soon...)
- Brown Bear Cub: 395 tp.
- Cyan Gelatinous Cubelet (BTC, but box unbound so can be traded): Otto's Irresistible Box, 4995 tp.
- Earth Elementals: (Gold and Stone) 395 tp each, 695 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).
- Golems: (Bronze, Iron, and Steel) 395 tp each, 795 for the bundle.
- Mephits: (Ice, Ooze, and Lightning) 350 tp each, 895 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).
- Renders: (Flame, Flesh, and Frost) 295 tp each, 595 for the bundle.
- Rust Monsters: (Pink-Gray and Regular(Red)) 395 tp each, 695 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).
- Scorpions: (Jeweled and Iridescent) 395 tp for the Jeweled, 295 for the Iridescent, 895 for the bundle (which includes 3 tricks).
- Water Elementals: (Lake, Sea, and Tropical) 195 tp each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 2 tricks).
- Wraiths: (Forest and Gray) 295 tp each, 595 for the bundle (which includes 2 tricks).
- DDO Market:
- Special Events:
- Polar Bear Cub (BTC, but motes unbound): Midwinter Festival - 10,000 Motes of Winter.
- Snow Panther Cub (UAV, currently has a bug where certificate is shown as BTC but is still able to be posted to the AH and might be tradeable): Use 3 stones of experience on others.
- Winter Wolf Pup (BTC): Used by devs for various giveaways (PAX-East 2012/2013 booth, MyDDO lottery, etc.).
- Yellow Gelatinous Cubelet (BTC): Refer 3 friends for the refer a friend program.
- MoTU preorder:
- Demonweb Spiderling (UAV, BTC): Collectors, standard, and base editions.
- Druid's Wolf Pup (UAV, BTC): Collectors and standard editions.
- Onyx Panther Cub (UAV, BTC): Collectors edition.
- Spotted Wolf Pup (BTC): 250 Purple Dragon Knight favor.
- Monster Manual:
- Blue Fire Elemental (BTC?): Volume 3.
- Chaos Beholderling (BTC?): Volume 3.
- Forest Spiderling (BTC?): Prologue.
- Fruit Bat (BTC?): Volume 1.
- Grey-tipped Rust Monster (BTC?): Volume 1.
- Obsidian Earth Elemental (BTC?): Volume 2.
- Violet Wraith (BTC?): Volume 2.
- Quest Drop: