|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Paladins are high saves, high AC, and high hit points. They belong in the front with the trap finder. Or they should be the mine sweeper. They can also be played in a role similar to a fighter. These tactics assume a Straight Paladin or a Paladin/Fighter (maybe Paladin/Fighter/Cleric) not Paladin 2/Sorcerer X
After level 14 A Paladin will be able to use Zeal for increased DPS. Zeal combined with Divine Favor and Divine Might I-IV are staples of the Paladin DPS. The Paladin also scales well using a human with human healing amplification, leading some builds to fit the feats Quicken Spell and/or Maximize Spell on the Paladin in order for reliable and strong Cure Serious Wounds spells combined with Healing Amplification items.
Variations of paladin builds Maximum healing amplification A.K.A the Solar phoenix build (Generally human splashed with monk)
- for this build, the paladin usually is very survivable and has a strong ability to heal himself/herself.
Maximum AC build (pure or splashed with fighter using Plate armor, Tower Shield)
- for this build the tactic is to grab aggro with strong DPS, divine hate boost and high intimidate skill
Maximum DPS build (20 Paladin)
- for this build, the Paladin usually plays somewhat like a hate-tank.
Evasion Paladin (18 Paladin 2 Monk/Rogue) etc.
Stay close to the party. Ideally the party should always stay close together, but Paladins have Aura of Good for +2 to AC and Saves and with enhancements, the Paladin Aura can improve and give larger AC and Saves benefits to the party.
Smite Evil. A lot of bosses are evil. No reason to not save a smite for the big boss. Using Attack Bonus right before Smite Evil is even better. Smite Evil is +10+3*(Paladin level-1) damage. So +10 to +67 damage depending on your level. Smites also benefit from the Exalted Smite enhancement.
Lay on Hands isn't halved when used on Warforged. This isn't really a in combat tactic (if someone needs a heal, they need a heal), so much as a thing to consider.
The real "tactics" in any game, is in the planning. No I don't mean having a dry erase board with X's and O's, I mean using the right tool for the right situation.
- Bless - Caster Level equals Paladin level so this starts off lasting at least 4 minutes. OK group buff if there's noone else to provide morale bonuses.
- Cure Light Wounds - No. Paladins rely on wands to heal
- Divine Favor - +1 Luck to hit and damage, increases by +1 per 3 CL.
- Lesser Restoration - For Paladins this is a first level spell.
Go check out the equipment section.