|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Old Grey Garl
|Requires access to adventure pack: Three-Barrel Cove|
Legend claims the pirate lord still haunts this tomb, eternally guarding his ill-gotten treasures. But Garl the Grey is dead, and you are alive...
|Old Grey Garl|
|Heroic XP:||♣786 ♦1,390 ♥1,471 ♠1,552|
|Takes place in:||Garl's Tomb|
|NPC contact:||Red Tom|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to Garl's Tomb, behind the waterfall along the road out of camp, and find his lost treasure for Red Tom.
- Part 2 in the Garl's Tomb story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the chest containing Garl the Grey's lost hoard
- Slay Garl the Grey
- (Optional) Destroy 19 Sarcophagi (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- spawning/respawning monsters
- lock (optional - door to first shrine)
Tips and Misc
- The layout of the quest is the same as last time, but now you get to fight Blackbone Skeletons of various types instead of Troglodytes.
- Again, the first shrine is behind a locked door. (Lock DCs)
- As you advance down the corridor with the first sarcophagi, several will burst open in ambush. Sarcophagi destroyed this way will count towards neither your breakables bonus nor the optional. This can actually make the optional unachievable. If you range them instead, the ambush still appears in the same spot.
- The key to the underwater door is dropped by a named mob on the central platform over the water. The door cannot be picked.
- Opening the final treasure chest will cause Garl and a few wights to spawn for the final battle.
- Discreet bonus: 9 monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 33 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 41 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 50 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 20 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three
- One in the northern lobe of the first big room (with the stone bridge); a gate drops and the gargoyles awaken upon opening it
- One on the central platform in the final chamber
- One in Garl's treasure room
- Collectables: Five (first four the same as the previous quest)
- Mushroom behind the waterfall west of the gargoyle chest
- Rubble behind the stairs in the second large room (with the cistern)
- Mushroom on a ledge between two platforms of the middle level of the main den, on the north end
- Mushroom on a ledge between the two bridges across the upper level of the main den, on the west end
- Crude altar in Garl's treasure room
- NPC rewards: +2 weapons & armor
- Arcane Blackbone
- Blackbone Knight
- Blackbone Marksmen
- Blackbone Thralls
- Dwarf Necromancer
- Halfling Necromancer
- Huge Ochre Jelly
- Monarch Scorpions
- Ochre Jellies
- Wight Myrmidons