In the Demon's Den
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
A powerful Demon has made her lair in Xen'drik. She hopes to recover an ancient ritual that would make Demonkind immune to banishment.
|In the Demon´s Den|
|Takes place in:||The Demon's Den|
|Quest acquired in:||The Inspired Quarter|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Uriel of the Silver Flame has found a group of Demons in the wilds of Xen'drik. She believes they are breeding and the Demon menace will only grow in numbers! But, Uriel and her cohorts failed in their attempt to destroy the Demons.
Now, Uriel has asked for your help in doing what she could not. If you agree, speak to Uriel in the Inspired Quarter to teleport to the Demon lair.
- Find the Ritual Chamber
- Find a way to stop the ritual
- Slay all three ritualists
- Slay the Marilith while she's vulnerable
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some appear only on certain difficulties)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed shrine (depending on difficulty the second shrine can be found N, W or E)
- Monsters that have to be killed almost simultaneously (mandatory: the 3 ritualists, only on elite difficulty)
- Flame jets on most levers
- Sonic trap near the start
Tips and Misc
- Strongly recommended to have a fire resist item equipped (30 points ideal), spells and other non-permanent enchantments may not suffice and will not suffice on harder difficulties as several monsters here do cast dispel.
- (Only on Elite) In order to make Aurora the wicked vulnerable to attack, the party will need to kill all three ritualists in a given time frame. Failure to kill all three in a very, very short amount of time (~30 seconds) will result in a new ritualist spawning until all 3 are dead. Once all 3 ritualists are dead no others will spawn and Aurora will be vulnerable to attack. Similar to Demon Queen Lailat, this Marilith will overrun you if you get too close, so keep this in mind when attacking her. However in addition to her overrun ability, she also possesses the same knockback ability as air elementals, knocking you even further away if you get too close, with no save.
- 1) Have someone kite the Marilith (Only on hard/elite; on other difficulties she only activates once all three Cursed Ritualists are dead).
- a. Helpful to have fatigue to slow the Marilith for she is rather fast (may no longer work since Update 7)
- b. Run around the map until the Marilith is vulnerable
- 2) Clear the 3 tunnels one at a time starting with the top most and working your way around in a clockwise fashion
- a. The monsters in these tunnels do NOT respawn, once killed they will remain dead
- b. Be sure not to fight or kill the ritualists by themselves on elite (ok on hard), once the tunnel is clear to the ritualist run back and clear the other tunnels
- 3) Prepare ritualists for simultaneous slaughter by bringing each of their health points to 5%, then hold for kill signal in voice or text chat.
- a. Kill all 3 ritualists together as quickly as possible. On Elite, the Marilith will summon new ritualists with full health if you cannot kill all the ritualists within 30 seconds. So if you are soloing on Elite you should pull the ritualists to the same area before killing them.
- Note: The ritualists return home if the person who has aggro dies or is too far away. The ritualists do not regenerate their health (but do respawn on Elite if not killed in the manner described above).
- 4) Kill the Marilith
- a. Once all 3 ritualists are killed, the Marilith is vulnerable to attack
- b. Attack the Marilith until dead
Once the Marilith is killed the Quest will be completed.
- Aggression bonus: 62 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 80 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 99 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Chests: 2 end chests on Casual and Normal, 3 on Hard, or 5 chests on Elite. Chance for +1 randomly near the east shrine.
- NPC rewards: Standard, Random item
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 06:09:32 result from cache, age: 22:42:30 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)