Recovering the Lost Tome
For the Twelve, the accumulation of arcane knowledge is a goal surpassing all others.
|Recovering the Lost Tome|
|Takes place in:||Fallowcrest Library|
|Bestowed by:||Dalsamira Courdry|
|NPC contact:||Dalsamira Courdry|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Dalsamira Courdry instructed you to steal a magical tome back from the private Fallowcrest Library. Once Dalsamira sends you to the library, try to find and recover the tome with as little conflict as possible.
The library is in the Stormreach Harbor near Nyx the Drow and Dalsamira is in front of it (moved in update 19 from the lighthouse).
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with the librarian
- Follow the librarian to the books
- Wait for the librarian to leave
- Search the shelves for Dalsamira's stolen tome
- -Click the bookshelves that light up to advance the quest once the librarian leaves.
- Survive Eldamir's traps and find his secret library
- -Click the bookshelves in the secret room to collect the stolen tome.
- Do not leave without Dalsamira's book
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Sonic trap at entrance; control box is on a pillar shielded from the sonic traps, and can be found & disarmed before the librarian has left the room.
- Spike trap at entrance - While easily avoided (there's no actual reason to even go near them), there is no control box for the spikes, only the sonic trap. The lever next to where you get the book that finishes the quest, disarms the spike trap.
- Lightning traps in southern passage - Turned off via 3 INT (14) runes in the side alcoves. The first rune is on the right, the next two are on the left.
- Frost trap protecting the chest in the eastern room. Control panel is in the southeast corner of the room.
Tips and Misc
- Runes to stop lightning traps require 14 intelligence.
- When you throw the 2 levers in the west, the quest log will show one left. You have to go back into the main room and a new passage will be open to the east.
- In the new eastern room there will be a rune (INT 13-14) on the right wall. If you use the rune before entering the room, the zombies will not come to life, which can rob you of an onslaught bonus.
- The frost trap covering the chest in the eastern room can be deadly for low level characters. If you can jump through it, there is a safe spot to stand and loot, but be careful.
- The room north of the eastern room has a chest protected by a forcefield. The rune to disable it is on the northern wall and requires Intelligence (between 13-14). It will also spawn a couple fairly wicked fire mephits when used.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 14 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 18 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 6 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 10 breakables smashed
- Chests: 2
- 1 trapped in the east room
- 1 in the northeast room, behind a forcefield (requires an INT check of 13-14)
- Collectables: Three
- Adventurer's Pack down the southern branch of the northwest room, in the water
- Bookshelf in the eastern room
- Alchemy Table in the eastern room
- NPC rewards: Random item