Recovering the Lost Tome
For the Twelve, the accumulation of arcane knowledge is a goal surpassing all others.
|Recovering the Lost Tome|
|Takes place in:||Fallowcrest Library|
|Bestowed by:||Dalsamira Courdry|
|NPC contact:||Dalsamira Courdry|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Dalsamira Courdry instructed you to steal a magical tome back from the private Fallowcrest Library. Once Dalsamira sends you to the library, try to find and recover the tome with as little conflict as possible.
- Speak with the librarian
- Follow the librarian to the books
- Wait for the librarian to leave
- Search the shelves for Dalsamira's stolen tome
- -Click the bookshelves that light up to advance the quest once the librarian leaves.
- Survive Eldamir's traps and find his secret library
- -Click the bookshelves in the secret room to collect the stolen tome.
- Do not leave without Dalsamira's book
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, only one requires rogue skills to be disarmed; all others can be disarmed via levers)
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Sonic trap at entrance; control box is on a pillar shielded from the sonic traps, and can be found and disarmed before the librarian has left the room.
- Spike trap at entrance - While easily avoided (there's no actual reason to even go near them); there is no control box for the spikes, only the sonic trap. The lever next to where you get the book that finishes the quest, disarms the spike trap.
- Lightning traps in southern passage - Turned off via 3 INT (14) runes in the side alcoves. The first rune is on the right; the next two are on the left.
- Frost trap protecting the chest in the eastern room. Control panel is in the southeast corner of the room.
Tips and Misc
- Runes to stop lightning traps require 14 intelligence.
- When you throw the 2 levers in the west, the quest log will show one left. You have to go back into the main room and a new passage will be open to the east.
- In the new eastern room there will be a rune (INT 13-14) on the right wall. If you use the rune before entering the room, the zombies will not come to life, which can rob you of an onslaught bonus.
- The frost trap covering the chest in the eastern room can be deadly for low level characters. If you can jump through it, there is a safe spot to stand and loot, but be careful.
- The room north of the eastern room has a chest protected by a magical barrier. The rune to disable it is on the northern wall and requires Intelligence (between 13-14). It will also spawn 1-2 fairly wicked fire mephits when used.
- The lever in the far east alcove turns off the unintimidating spike trap back in the main hall, which can be easily walked through.
- If a magical book remains in your inventory after the quest, you can safely destroy it.
- Aggression bonus: 14 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 18 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 46 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 6 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 trapped (frost) in the east room
- 1 in the northeast room, behind a magical barrier (use rune to disable; requires an INT check of 13-14)
- Collectables: Three
- Adventurer's Pack down the southern branch of the northwest room, underwater
- Bookshelf in the eastern room
- Alchemy Table in the eastern room
- NPC rewards: Random item