Purge the Heretics
Inquisitor Gnomon has marked a band of heretics for extermination. You have elected to carry out the bloody cleansing.
|Purge the Heretics|
|Takes place in:||Hidden Chapel|
|Bestowed by:||Inquisitor Gnomon|
|NPC contact:||Inquisitor Gnomon|
|Quest acquired in:||Bogwater Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Inquisitor Gnomon of the Silver Flame has been angered by a 'cult' beneath the House Phiarlan ward that preaches the faith of the Sovereign Host to the poor and indigent. Although Gnomon's motives seemed suspect, you agreed to drive the worshipers out of their hidden chapel.
- Slaughter at least ten elven preachers of the Sovereign Host
- Kill Celine Peacemaker and Oisin the Merciful
- (Optional) Slaughter a dozen halfling mercenaries +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slaughter all the commoners who have offended the Silver Flame - 15 total +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Acid trap in the north-south passage, where a wall juts out. The control box is on the north side of the wall near the end.
- Fire traps at the intersection, one on each corner, pointing inwards. The control box for each trap is right next to them; before the intersection for the two northern traps, and past it for the two southern ones.
Tips and Misc
- If you aren't looking for the kills' bonus, there is no reason to go into the small dead end room on the east end of the first passage. It traps you to fight oozes, then you turn a valve to get back out. The valve is not needed to complete the objectives.
- It is impossible to get Insidious Cunning or Devious in this quest, as the 12 required kills (ten elven preachers + Celine + Oisin = 12) results in Discreet.
- Insidious Cunning bonus: N/A or less monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Devious bonus: N/A or less monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 12 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 32 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 51 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 34 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 42 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 behind a secret door on the eastern wall past the fire traps, guarded by a night scorpion
- 1 for killing Celine Peacemaker and Oisin the Merciful (Elf Cleric and Elf Paladin, found in the chapel)
- 1 down the hallway past the chapel
- Collectables: Two
- Rubble in the water at the eastern end of the main hallway
- Bookshelf at the western end of the hallway, between the shrines and the chapel
- NPC rewards: +2/3 weapons and armor (choose from 4)
- Dwarf Commoners
- Dwarf Hunter
- Elf Acolytes
- Elf Bards
- Elf Commoners
- Elf Priests
- Elf Warriors
- Halfling Bards
- Halfling Commoners
- Halfling Fighter/Wizards
- Halfling Priests
- Halfling Warriors
- Human Commoners
- Human Hunters
- Human Warriors
- Large Gray Oozes
- Night Scorpion