|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Purge the Heretics
Inquisitor Gnomon has marked a band of heretics for extermination. You have elected to carry out the bloody cleansing.
|Purge the Heretics|
|Heroic XP:||♣368 ♦650 ♥686 ♠723|
|Takes place in:||Hidden Chapel|
|NPC contact:||Inquisitor Gnomon|
|Quest acquired in:||Bogwater Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Inquisitor Gnomon of the Silver Flame has been angered by a 'cult' beneath the House Phiarlan ward that preaches the faith of the Sovereign Host to the poor and indigent. Although Gnomon's motives seemed suspect, you agreed to drive the worshipers out of their hidden chapel.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slaughter at least ten elven preachers of the Sovereign Host
- Kill Celine Peacemaker and Oisin the Merciful
- (Optional) Slaughter a dozen halfling mercenaries (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slaughter all the commoners who have offended the Silver Flame - 15 total (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Acid trap in the north-south passage, where a wall juts out. The control box is on the north side of the wall near the end.
- Fire traps at the intersection, one on each corner, pointing inwards. The control box for each trap is right next to them; before the intersection for the two northern traps, and past it for the two southern ones.
Tips and Misc
- If you aren't looking for the kills bonus, there is no reason to go into the small dead end room on the east end of the first passage. It traps you to fight oozes, then you turn a valve to get back out. The valve is not needed to complete the objectives.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 33 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 41 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 51 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 26 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 34 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 42 breakables smashed
- Chests: 3
- 1 behind a secret door on the eastern wall past the fire traps, guarded by a night scorpion
- 1 for killing Celine Peacemaker and Oisin the Merciful (Elf Cleric and Elf Paladin, found in the chapel)
- 1 down the hallway past the chapel
- Collectables: Two
- Rubble in the water at the eastern end of the main hallway
- Bookshelf at the western end of the hallway, between the shrines and the chapel
- NPC rewards: +2/3 weapons and armor (choose from 4)
- Dwarf Commoners
- Dwarf Hunter
- Elf Acolytes
- Elf Bards
- Elf Commoners
- Elf Priests
- Elf Warriors
- Halfling Bards
- Halfling Commoners
- Halfling Fighter/Wizards
- Halfling Priests
- Halfling Warriors
- Human Commoners
- Human Hunters
- Human Warriors
- Large Gray Oozes
- Night Scorpion