|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Proof is in the Poison
Thual Masmataz's apothecary is a front for his dark laboratory that produces his lethal cocktail.
|Proof is in the Poison|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,442 ♦2,596 ♥2,788 ♠2,980|
|Takes place in:||Vile Apothecary|
|NPC contact:||Ruat Acalay|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Thual Masmataz has hatched a plan to poison the water supply of Stormreach. Hidden away in his laboratory beneath Stormreach, he has been experimenting to make the most potent poison possible. Stop the mad alchemist before he perfects his latest concoction and infects the water supply of Stormreach.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Thual Masmataz
- Gain Entry to the Gold Door
- Gain Entry to the Green door
- Gain Entry to the Silver Door
- Kill Hosha Sollego, Quickfoot leader
- Kill Oran Zatio, Drow Overseer
- (Optional) Kill Gnaghi Ugnot (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Woathe (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 40 members of the Quickfoot gang (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 100 members of the Quickfoot gang (40% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- spinning blades, under the first bridge; box is in the middle of the floor
- Fire trap on the first bridge; box is at the end of the bridge
- Poison traps in the hallway after retrieving the gold key. There is no control box for these, and must be dodged.
- Poison traps in the hallway after retrieving the green key. There is no control box for these, and must be dodged.
Tips and Misc
- This is one of the most difficult quests in the game, if run level-appropriate. Make sure you are over-powered compared to any other level 4 mission. Lots of casters.
- You'll probably want to go to the end of the bridge and disable the fire traps on the bridge before going down below to pull the lever.
- There are enemy casters who use Melf's Acid Arrow as their main attack, and levers you need to pull that are protected by acid pools. Acid resist spells/items are a must.
- Watch out for slimes near the shrine if you're hurting badly when wanting to rest.
- Gnaghi Ugnot may appear in an alcove just past the first turn.
- Woathe may appear in the spider passage, to the north.
- Basic Walkthrough
- Kill the bridge ambush
- Disable the bridge fire trap
- Disable the trap under the bridge
- Pull the lever
- Cross the bridge
- After the spider passage, take the left hand branch.
- Run to the end of the south passage, then east and north
- Pull the red gem switch behind the gate alcove
- Go back into the main corridor, south, and through the red gem-locked gate that is now open
- Pull the orange gem lever
- Go back into the main corridor, north, and through the orange gem-locked gate that is now open
- Go north to get the gold key.
- Go south through the gold door
- Go upstairs past the altar to get the green key
- Go through the green door and turn the green valve up in the pipes
- Pull the switch in back of the room with acid on the floor
- Pull the green gem switch at the end of the corridor
- Pull the lever at the end of the passage that just opened up
- Get the silver key and pull the switch at the end of the corridor the lever opened
- Run down the passage to the south and open the silver door
- Bonus XP:
- Aggression bonus: 119 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 155 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 190 monsters killed
- Mischief bonus: 167 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 217 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 267 breakables smashed
- Chests: 3
- 1 for killing Hosha Sollego (Human)
- 1 behind a locked door after the silver door
- 1 at the end for killing Thual Masmataz (Drow Scorpion)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Gnaghi Ugnot - Optional orange named human fighter
- Hosha Sollego - Orange named human fighter; always spawns
- Oran Zatlo - Orange named drow ranger;always spawns
- Thual Masmataz - Red named drow scorpion; always spawns
- Thual Masmataz's Assistant - Orange named drow caster; always spawns
- Woathe - Optional orange named black widow