|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Gladewatch Outpost has been attacked many times since the upsurge of violence in the Xen'drik wilderness.
|Heroic XP:||♣733 ♦1,324 ♥1,426 ♠1,528|
|Takes place in:||Gladewatch Outpost|
|NPC contact:||Guard Crichton|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A defensive outpost near Stormreach is threatened by an imminent kobold attack. Speak with Guard Crichton to travel by caravan to the outpost. Then help defend the walls until the kobold war party has been thoroughly crushed.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay 200 Kobolds
- Slay Troglodyte Chief
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- This quest is generally not considered a good place to gain experience, loot, or favor. This is mainly due to its fairly low base XP, only one chest (after slaying all the kobolds), and long round time (10-15 minutes). It is recommended to only run it once on Elite after you're over level 5.
- What this quest is good for is finishing out the "Kobold Exterminator" Monster Manual achievements when you're close (less than 220 away).
- The fight doesn't start until you pull the lever to open the gate, giving you as much time as you like to buff up. After you open the gate, a thrown-together barrier to the right of the gate will be smashed, letting in several kobold rogues at a time. However, you can't smash it yourself to start in order to give yourself just one line of defense.
- The kobolds come in waves of 16, generally of two to three each of throwers, rogues, chieftains and shamans, with the rest being warriors. The time between waves decreases as the fight continues.
- The waves actually consist of a few kobolds spawning at several different points, so if you have a small or underpowered party and find yourselves being overwhelmed by the relentless attack, it's possible to go around the edges of the map until you find a spawn point and then camp there... and killing everything as it spawns. This greatly increases the time required, but also drastically reduces the hurt. These spawn points have a finite amount of kobolds in them before you have to go find another one. Ranged weapons and spells work wonders here...
- If you can sneak, it's possible to lure your current enemies away from the outpost, and then sneak back to use the healing shrine after dealing with them. In fact, other than the rogues which travel that northern path, you may not even require all that high a skill in Hide and Move Silently if you use the terrain to your advantage, as the shrines are a bit off the main path.
- The troglodyte chief won't appear until the 12th wave or so.
- Kobolds will continue spawning after the quest is completed, until either you leave or all the spawn points run dry. There are a total of 220 kobolds spawning from four points, plus the troglodyte chief.
- You will revisit Gladewatch Outpost again in a Level 6 quest, Gladewatch Outpost Defense.
- Bonus XP:
- Conquest bonus: Automatic (If you complete the quest, you'll have it)
- Lost Quest Guide
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 1
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 2
- Chests: 1
- 1 end chest
- Collectables: None, however 200 kobolds will drop a *lot* of bags!
- NPC rewards: Random item