Gladewatch Outpost Defense
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Gladewatch Outpost has been attacked many times since the upsurge of violence in the Xen'drik wilderness.
|Gladewatch Outpost Defense|
|Takes place in:||The Marketplace|
|Bestowed by:||Loghan d'Deneith|
|NPC contact:||Loghan d'Deneith|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Very long difficult defense quest at level. Prior to Update 7, any Enemies touching the interior of the fort would cause immediate failure. This objective was changed to keeping commander Tesara alive. Even with the changes, it is a slow way to gather experience.
- Wait for the commander to unlock the lever.
- Kill Ogre Leader.
- (Failure) Commander Tesara must survive.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Commander Tesara dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Commander Tesara)
Tips and Misc
- The map is the same as that for Kobold Assault.
- There is a total of roughly 250-325 mobs, but unlike in Kobold Assault, the objective window does not display how many mobs are still left. The mobs also won't continue to spawn after you've completed the quest.
- There is a secondary entrance to the Outpost, to the right of the commander's initial position. Stealthy hobgoblin infiltrators and bugbear assassins enter this way.
- The commander can be healed and buffed. Talking to her while she is not fighting and making a successful skill check (Bluff , Diplomacy , or Intimidate ) causes her to follow the player. Talking her again causes her to stand still. In either mode, she will move to attack any monster that she sees.
- It seems that Commander Tesara inevitably leaves the protection of the outpost during the quest. As such, the healer on duty is overworked because healing Tesara to keep her alive also strains his duties of keeping his party members alive (two healers would be easier). Keeping her in the back of the outpost or keeping the infiltrators out will reduce the chances of this event.
- The easy way to protect Commander Tesera is to take her out the side entrance and circle the north side of the map to the western roadblock and post her there. No monsters spawn at that point. Then simply move your party into a defense near the shrines and slay monsters.
- Another safe location is take her out the main entrance and follow the wall south-east, parking her in the corner; this is out of the sight range of both her and monsters - unless the party accidentally leads some there!
- Or north-west, where the fortress and the edge of the map form an alcove.
- Nearly all attacks on the secondary entrance of the outpost are done in stealth, so a high spot / listen would make defense of this entrance easier. The attacks at this entrance are all from the two types of infiltrators; no other class will try to use this entrance.
- Remember that spells such as Glitterdust and Web expose stealthy creatures.
- The Ogre Leader you kill to complete the quest actually makes his appearance on a timer, 15 minutes after the gate opens. If you can manage to hide yourself and Commander Tesera until the Ogre Leader shows up, you can complete the quest with only the single required kill.
- Conquest bonus: 250
- Bonus is guaranteed, unless you choose to wait out the 15 minute timer in hiding.
- +25% Bonus. or more monsters killed
- Chests: 1
- 1 at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Commander Tesara's Skill DCs|