|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
From DDO wiki
|Heroic XP:||♣1,672 ♦2,956 ♥3,124 ♠3,292|
|Takes place in:||Haunted Library|
|NPC contact:||Menos Xuekaine|
|Quest acquired in:||Drowning Sorrows Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Locate Menos Xuekaine’s three tomes within the library.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Tome of Bone
- Acquire Tome of Flesh
- Acquire Tome of Blood
- (Optional) Slay Spectre (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Morrigan XiRazdyn (25% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Collapsible floors
- Overlapping floors
- Points of no return
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Unholy trap on upper level
- Over a chest on the lower level
- Spike traps on Northern tunnel after green key door
- Poison trap over the last tome chest
Tips and Misc
- You could encounter a strange bug where one of the gated rooms will spawn ghostly wrights that don't move or attack and that cannot be easily destroyed. If you can't remove the wights, the gate will not reopen and you'll be stuck at that point. One workaround is to destroy the wights with a disruption weapon in order to continue.
- You will run into a wide variety of undead creatures in this quest. Most of them can be easily dispatched with fire spells/weapons; the blackbones, however, are immune to fire. Acid and eleectricity resists also come in handy here as enemy casters (primarily arcane skeletons) use these attacks a lot. Sonic resist also comes in handy to protect against soundburst stun from wight priests.
- The DM implies that the locked door after the first point of no return is unpickable; however the door can in fact be opened with sufficiently high Open Lock or Knock. This is quite possibly not the way it was intended and may be fixed in the future.
- The puzzle that seals the door to the end boss generates wraiths any time one of the four glyphs are highlighted. Depending on the party size, the wraiths can create a dangerous swarm, even on Normal, should party members be killed and their bodies, as a result, spawn additional wraiths.
There are two points of no return.
- The first one is the final room at the upper level of the dungeon; once you kill the last mob inside, the center floor will immediately collapse, leading to a lower level room which is also filled with many hostile undead. If you somehow forget to grab the first tome at the upper level and fall through the floor, you can only get back to it through Dimension Door or re-entry.
- The second point of no return is a collapsed stair leading further downwards in the middle part of the lower level, but a sufficient Jump skill (<=25 fails, but 30 works) will allow you to leap over the gap in the stairs and back upwards.
- Rest Shrines: 3
- 1 on the lower level
- 1 after acquiring Green Key
- 1 after the puzzle
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 82 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 107 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 132 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disabled
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disabled
- Ingenious debilitation bonus: 5 traps disabled
- Mischief bonus: 68 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 89 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 109 breakables smashed
- Chests: 4
- 1 in the southwest room after you drop down to the bottom floor
- 1 optional for killing Spectre (Spectre, found past a bridge and past a door opened by two levers)
- 2 optional chests for killing Morrigan Xirazdyn (Wraith, found in the end room)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Arcane Blackbone
- Armored Wight
- Blackbone Knight
- Blackbone Marksman
- Blackbone Thrall
- Clay Golem
- Dread Zombie
- Skeleton Arcus
- Wight Myrmidon
- Wight Priest