|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Brood of Flame
|Requires access to adventure pack: Three-Barrel Cove|
Mak-Murag's curse opened rifts in the fabric of reality, summoning elemental creatures from the Plane of Fire. Defeat these creatures and save Three Barrel Cove from this extra-dimensional onslaught.
|Brood of Flame|
|Heroic XP:||♣574 ♦1,024 ♥1,090 ♠1,156|
|Takes place in:||The Fire Caves|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the Fire Caves and destroy the mephits and elementals that infest them. The road to the caves entrance winds through orc territory, but perhaps there is a safer path around the orcs.
- Part 2 of The Fire Caves story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Destroy the elementals Mak-Murug summoned (3 total)
- (Optional) Destroy 20 Fire Mephits (10% of base XP)
Tips and Misc
- You must complete The Stones Run Red before Idas will give you this quest.
- The good news is that it's now too hot for any ogres or oozes. The bad news is that if you don't have cold-damage weapons and fire resists, you will be very sad. It's worth investing in a cold-damage weapon for this, and even more worth investing in a fire-resist item.
- The first fire elemental is by the north lever in the first lava room; the second elemental is just before where the second altar was; and the third spawns when you approach where the third altar was.
- Again, the first set of shrines is unlocked, while the second set is locked. (Lock DCs)
- And again, the only things in the far southern lobe, up all the ledges, are the exit rope and the mushroom.
- Aggression bonus: 20 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 26 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 32 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One in the room to the west, on the lower level of the lava room
- One behind the second altar
- One where Mac-Murug was in the previous quest
- Collectables: Nine
- Crude Altar near the first elemental
- Mushroom in the room to the west, on the lower level of the first lava room
- Adventurer's Pack along the northern walkway on the lower level of the first lava room
- Mushroom near the second elemental
- Adventurer's Pack on a ledge to the north, on the high road
- Mushroom on a ledge to the west, on the high road
- Cabinet near where Mac-Murug was in the previous quest
- Mushroom on a ledge above where Mac-Murug was in the previous quest; you need to continue past his alcove and keep climbing up.
- Adventurer's Pack north of the third elemental, near the lava flow
- NPC rewards: Random item