|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Sunken Sewer
Somewhere in these depths, a would-be troglodyte champion has made his lair.
|The Sunken Sewer|
|Heroic XP:||♣276 ♦496 ♥532 ♠568|
|Takes place in:||The Sunken Sewer|
|NPC contact:||Aurla Courson|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Seek out the dangerous troglodyte whom Aurla told you about, and end his life.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Kill the Troglodyte Leader
- (Optional) Kill the brown prince Ruin (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Blight (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Slyssaris (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Rune (optional: requires an INT check, 15 not enough, 17 works)
- Poison traps in the open path, in the second room - no control boxes, just have to time it
- The rest of these are all in the locked path
- Poison traps in the locked path, in the water courses - again, no control boxes, just have to time it
- Spike traps, just around the corner. Control box on either side of the arch
- Blade trap at the bottom of the first waterway. Control box is just past it, on the north wall
- Arrow trap in the east alcove just before the second waterway. Box is in the same alcove, on the south wall
- Spike trap just past the shrine, in the water walkway. Control box on either side of the arch immediately before it (NOTE: each one only does a couple of rows of spikes). The levers on either side will get the rest, except for the very central strip.
Tips and Misc
- There are two paths through this quests. An open path, or a locked gate. If you go the open path, you'll find yourself fighting kobolds and, optionally, spiders. If you go the path of the locked gate, you'll find yourself doing little fighting, but you'll have to disable a lot of traps. Either way is comparable for effort. The open route has an optional section where there are spiders (and occasionally a named brown spider). The locked gate route occasionally has a named rust monster.
- The optional spider section down the open path requires an INT of 15-16 to open the rune. The optional spider, Ruin, is quite tough.
- Ruin may show up at the end of the spider section.
- Blight may show up at the end of the locked path.
- Slyssaris may show up in the passage to the south of the water room, after killing Hissahr
- Once you're in the water room, you enter the cage in the middle by swimming underwater and up through the floor of it. When you approach the chest, Hissahr and a few scorpions will spawn, and the trapdoor will close until Hissahr is dead.
- Both Hissahr and the scorpions are reluctant to cross the floor hatch, so one strategy for ranged fighters is to run around the hatch, keeping on the opposite side of the hatch from Hissahr, and fire away your ranged weapon.
- The kobold sentry at the end of the open path occasionally respawns
- You can only get the maximum bonuses for killing or breakables if you do both paths; even so, this will require going down the optional spider wing. A good method is to go down the locked path, open the door at the end, and then return for the open path. This allows you to save the altar for later in the quest, since you can't get back up to the open path after jumping down (except by returning through the locked path again). The locked path contains all the secret doors and traps.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 22 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 28 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 34 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disarmed
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 traps disarmed
- Observance bonus: 2 secret doors discovered
- Mischief bonus: 33 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 43 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 52 breakables smashed
- Chests: 4 - 7
- 1 down the locked path by the "blood-crusted" secret door just before the shrine down the locked path
- 1 down the locked path in a closed alcove just in front of second locked door; the lever to open it is behind a secret door across the corridor
- 1 down the open path in the optional spider room
- 1 optional for killing Ruin (Brown Spider, doesn't always spawn, found in the optional spider room)
- 1 optional for killing Blight (Rust Monster, doesn't always spawn, found at the end of the locked path)
- 1 optional for killing Slyssaris (Troglodyte Shaman, doesn't always spawn, found in the passage to the south of the water room)
- 1 at the end for killing Hissahr (Troglodyte)
- Collectables: Five
- Moss by the south lever to stop the spike traps, down the locked path
- Adventure's Pack down the locked path, in alcove behind secret door before the second locked door
- Moss at the end of the locked path
- Bookcase at the end of the optional spider section
- Rubble past the exit rope
- NPC rewards: Random Item
- Brown Spiders
- Kobold Sentry
- Kobold Shamans
- Kobold Throwers
- Kobold Warriors
- Lesser Gray Oozes
- Medium Monstrous Scorpions
- Skeleton Warrior