This page is for the current version of Smuggler's Rest; for the former training area, see Smuggler's Rest (History).
Heavily updated and expanded for the event, it does still resemble the old version - although now danger lurks at every turn! While the event is active, pirates ranging from CR 1 kobolds to CR 30 ogres roam the island (verified up to CR 30), although they're passive until activated (by being attacked, being near another pirate who is attacked, or being near a treasure chest when it's opened). Sometimes you'll hear a whistle, similar in function to a bosun's call: that means that a CR 23, 28 or 33, red-named monster has just appeared nearby. Those are appreciably harder to defeat, and yield appreciably more plunder.
The only way to get to the island while the event is inactive is by being bound there and dying, or having somebody there use a Bracelet of Friends/Greater Bracelet of Friends to summon you. During the event, Sailor Calatin, found on the northern Harbor docks (near Arachnophobia), will transport PCs to Smuggler's Rest and back.
Points of Interest
- Euphonia's Barter Box - Purchase and upgrade your Treasure of Crystal Cove loot
- Euphonia's Hat Box - Purchase and upgrade your pirate hat
- Transport to Crystal Cove on Euphonia's boat
- The Rook's Gambit (tavern)
- Euphonia Teles - Stands on her ship informing you how many map pieces are required to open the Crystal Cove, or how long it will be open.
- Sailor Calatin - Transports you back to Stormreach Harbor. He is on the dock near Euphonia's ship.
- Perky Petra - Advertises Butter-Rum Coffee and Pirate's Grog in front of the Rook's Gambit tavern
- Foreman Wee Yip Yip - Provides information about the Crystal Cove challenge and hands out the Kobold Mining Union Rulebook upon request
Entrance to Rook's Gambit
Transport to Crystal Cove
Once the 500 (as of Sept 2017) Treasure Map Pieces are acquired, the Transport to Crystal Cove opens for 40 minutes (as of Sept 2017). Interacting with it will allow entry to the Crystal Cove challenge as long as you have a Treasure Compass in your inventory. Turning over a Treasure Compass to the Navigator applies a 6 minute buff called which allows your to travel to Crystal Cove without further payment until the effect wears off.
If you've never selected "I understand, don't...":
- Transport to Crystal Cove: Crystal Cove is a party-based dungeon. Your party will be able to choose the dungeon's CR when you enter.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: Your crystal reward for completing the dungeon will depend on the highest-level character in your party. This includes party-members who enter the dungeon and then left.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: - You will gain increasing percentage crystal bonuses for higher dungeon CR settings, up to 5 CRs above.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: - You will lose percentage crystal penalities for lower CR settings.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: No crystals and no monster gem drops are awarded for a dungeon CR of 5 levels or more below your party's highest-level player.
- You: What do I need to travel to Crystal Cove? (see "With Euphonia's re-assembled..." below)
- You: I understand, don't repeat this in the future. (see "With Euphonia's re-assembled..." below)
If you've selected "I understand, don't..." at some point:
- Transport to Crystal Cove: With Euphonia's re-assembled map, you can now find Crystal Cove.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: However, you must have a Treasure Compass in your inventory to successfully navigate there.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: (If you are ready to go, you may pay your Treasure Compass now as payment for the Navigator, which will let you travel to and from Crystal Cove for a few minutes. Remember that the dungeon instance will immediately end if your entire party leaves.)
- You: (with Crystal Cove. (Opens Quest Entrance UI) ) Travel to
- You: (without Crystal Cove using your Treasure Compass.
) Travel to
- Transport to Crystal Cove: (without a Treasure Compass) You are not carrying a Treasure Compass. You can find one from slaying pirates around Smuggler's Rest, or purchase one from the DDO Store.
- Transport to Crystal Cove: (with a Treasure Compass) (consumes a Treasure Compass, applies status for 6 minutes, and opens Quest Entrance UI)
- You: Where can I find a Treasure Compass?
- You: Tell me again how an adventuring party works in the Crystal Cove? (see "Crystal Cove is a..." above)