Characters facing the game's toughest challenges have encountered a wide variety of Monster Champions - creatures with increased skill and power. What is causing this increase in power? As characters investigate the source of this newfound strength they will begin to discover that many of these creatures carry Mysterious Remnants that seem to resonate with strange magical power. Could these remnants be causing these champions and their rise in power? What use could these remnants have for those looking for power?
Mysterious RemnantEarned by defeating Champions.
- Collector: Trade ins to "Champion Hunter" (Faerun) or Monster Hunter (Eberron)
- Located in: Hall of Heroes, second floor, southwest corner
- Reward: Organizations do not have unlimited resources, and as factions vie for power some agents and rewards might change over time. Mechanic behind this, how they change or by what do they change, is unknown. (Data as of Update 24.1.2)
- Creature companions
- Tawny Lion Cub (BtA) - 10,000 Remnants
- Lasting Elixirs (BtA) - 250 Remnants
- Potions (unbound) - 35 Remnants
- Scrolls (unbound) - 35 Remnants
- Mysterious Remnant Tomes - 5000 remants (+1), or 7500 (upgrade to +2)
- Melee Power
- Ranged Power
- Spell Power
- Augments (ML1-20, list)
- Creature companions
Limited time rewards / Champion Hunter Week
Occasionally, limited time rewards are available at the collector.
- Eternal Flasks (BtC) - 10,000 Remnants
- Mysterious gear
- Chance to drop from Monster Champions when the difficulty-modified quest level is greater than or equal to the level of the player or hireling who killed the Champion.
- Since Update 27 Hotfix, Mysterious Remnants have a (reduced) chance to appear for characters that are up to two levels above the level of the quest.
- Monster Champions (and remnants) do not appear on casual or normal difficulty.
- Monster Champions (and remnants) do not appear in raids.
- Monster Champions (and remnants) do not appear in quests under a difficulty-modified quest level of 5.
- Available as a reward for completing deeds in Monster Manual volumes V, VI, and VII.[[Category:Hall of Heroes turn-in Collectables]]
On Elite, Monster Champions typically drop 1-20 Mysterious Remnants with a rare chance of up to 80.
While DDO Bonus Days/Double Mysterious Remnants is active, it can be doubled by server switch.needs verification