Mired in Kobolds
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Mired in Kobolds|
|Takes place in:||Driftwood Mire|
|Bestowed by:||Smiley Smythe|
|NPC contact:||Smiley Smythe|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A tribe of kobolds attacked Smiley Smythe's caravan. Smiley thinks these kobolds came from Driftwood Mire. He wants you to go there and exact revenge upon the kobold raiders.
- Discover the secret to the Kobolds' power
- Slay Varath the Dragon
- (Optional) Rescue the prisoner +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Cull the Kobold numbers (Kill 30) +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Finish off the kobold tribe (Kill 40) +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Face Sinvala +80% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (undisarmable)
Crystals stun when destroyed via melee, Spike growth = Pierce trap
Tips and Misc
The quest is fairly linear, with kobolds all about. The crystals you must destroy will cause significant damage or stunning not only to you but to your enemies. Better to destroy them at a distance. An optional rescue is possible: If you've completed The Seal of Shan-To-Kor, you'll recognize the person you rescued as Wayfinder Dael.
When you find the source of the kobolds' power, buff up and shrine before entering. The young dragon is still a formidable fighter despite its smaller size. One possible strategy is to have the lowest damage dealer in the party lead him under the power crystals and shoot the crystals, stunning that player but allowing the rest of the party to attack the dragon. If you are playing solo or have a small party, do NOT dawdle as you get the treasure. Varath's mother, a massive black dragon, soon appears. Slaying Sinvala rewards significant XP but is a very challenging fight.
- Useful elemental buffs:
Note: The stable crystal for the optional can only be destroyed with an AoE; effect, like fire ball or sound blast. If that is a problem you can click at the NPC behind the barrier.
- Aggression bonus: 46 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 107 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 37 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Note: There is a small chance that a Black Dragon Scale and Blood of Dragons will drop in one of the warded chests.
- Collectables: 5
- Adventurer's Pack near first shrine
- Fungus Patch NE of first shrine
- Fungus Patch S of first shrine
- 2 Rubble near Dael
- NPC rewards: Random item, ML6-10, Choose from 4.
|Sinvala (view)||Dragon||Black Dragon|
|Varath (view)||Dragon||Black Dragon|
|Black Scale Kobold Fighter (NoPic)||Reptilian||Paragon Kobold|
|Black Scale Kobold Shaman (NoPic)||Reptilian||Paragon Kobold|
|Eternal Hunter (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Stable Power Crystal (view)||0 (non-scaling)||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Swamp Fang Kobold Soldier (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Swamp Fang Kobold Thrower (NoPic)||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Unstable Power Crystal (view)||0 (non-scaling)||Construct||Inanimate Object|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 02:54:14 cache updated, time elapsed = 0.16200304031372 (please, do not keep reloading this page unless necessary, since it will not load from the cache, it will be re-generated from scratch every time, putting some additional load on the server every time)