|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Mired in Kobolds
|Mired in Kobolds|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,420 ♦2,476 ♥2,584 ♠2,692|
|Takes place in:||Driftwood Mire|
|NPC contact:||Smiley Smythe|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A tribe of kobolds attacked Smiley Smythe's caravan. Smiley thinks these kobolds came from Driftwood Mire. He wants you to go there and exact revenge upon the kobold raiders.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Discover the secret to the Kobolds' power
- Slay Varath the Dragon
- (Optional) Rescue the prisoner (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Cull the Kobold numbers (Kill 30) (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Finish off the kobold tribe (Kill 40) (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Face Sinvala (80% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (undisarmable)
Crystals stun when destroyed via melee, Spike growth = Pierce trap
Tips and Misc
The quest is fairly linear, with kobolds all about. The crystals you must destroy will cause significant damage or stunning not only to you but to your enemies. Better to destroy them at a distance. An optional rescue is possible: If you've completed The Seal of Shan-To-Kor, you'll recognize the person you rescued as Wayfinder Dael.
When you find the source of the kobolds' power, buff up and shrine before entering. The young dragon is still a formidable fighter despite its smaller size. One possible strategy is to have the lowest damage dealer in the party lead him under the power crystals and shoot the crystals, stunning that player but allowing the rest of the party to attack the dragon. If you are playing solo or have a small party, do NOT dawdle as you get the treasure. Varath's mother, a massive black dragon, soon appears. Slaying Sinvala rewards significant XP but is a very challenging fight.
- Useful elemental buffs:
- Aggression bonus: 46 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 107 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 23 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 31 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 37 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: ♦ 5 / ♥ 7 / ♠ 9
- Note: There is a small chance that a Black Dragon Scale and Blood of Dragons will drop in one of the warded chests.
- Collectables: Adventurer's Pack near first shrine, Moss NE of first shrine, Rubble near Dael
- NPC rewards: Random item, ML6-10, Choose from 4.
- Black Scale Kobold Shaman
- Eternal Hunter - Only appears on Hard and Elite difficulties
- Swamp Fang Kobold Soldier
- Swamp Fang Kobold Thrower
- Stable Power Crystal
- Unstable Power Crystal