|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias
|Requires access to adventure pack: Three-Barrel Cove|
A ghostly wailing echoes throughout Three Barrel Cove. Most locals believe it emanates from the Wheeping Cove, thought to be the resting place of Two-Toed Tobias.
|The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias|
|Heroic XP:||♣684 ♦1,220 ♥1,300 ♠1,380|
|Takes place in:||The Wheeping Cove|
|NPC contact:||Laurent Chastel|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Laurent Chastel regaled you with the Legend of Two Toed Tobias, who was murdered by his crew while sailing back to Three Barrel with treasure. Laurent's snickers and chuckles suggested that he didn't believe his own story. However you seek notoriety and fortune by pursuing Tobias and his treasure. The locals claim that wailing, heard from somewhere near the lighthouse outside of camp, is Tobias howling for revenge.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay the Skeletal Deckhands (10 total)
- Slay the Skeletal Minions (6 total)
- Slay the first mate and his guards (4 total)
- Breach the frozen barrier
- Shoot the levers
- Explore the Legend of Two-Toed Tobias
- Claim the treasure
- Slay Tobias Warbuckle
- (Optional) Slay Olotel (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Cervantes (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Second underwater valve (the south-facing lobe east of the entrance) is trapped; the control box is on a shelf above it. Some kind of bludgeoning (deadfall?) trap.
- Sonic traps covering the water to the east; the deadfall-trapped valve disables them.
Tips and Misc
- There is a great deal of swimming in this adventure. Make sure to bring along your swimming buffs and spells, although there are plenty of air pockets.
- When you get near the first shrines, doors will close ahead and behind you, and three ambushes in a row will spawn. Make sure everybody is at least at the bottom of the ramp before going too far past the top. The third wave will contain Cervantes. Despite being listed as an Optional, you must kill him to proceed.
- The second set of shrines is behind a secret door.
- Make sure that everybody is huddled near the valve on the frozen river; jets of flame will shoot out from various directions along the river to melt the ice.
- Olotel may appear near the valve.
- The two levers that must be shot can be hit with throwing weapons; you need to go into targeting mode (Default T) to do so, however.
- The very last valve is difficult to find; look for it located on the ceiling of the underwater tunnel after shooting the two targets (before the tunnel turns west). You may not have enough air to use it and continue, so go back and take another breath after you use it before continuing.
- The cave bats (and possibly the bilge rat) which appear with Tobias disappear upon his demise; however, you don't get credit for them as kills if they're dispatched this way.
- The last bit o' loot includes piles of gold that must be clicked on in addition to the chests... don't forget to click them!
- You'll appear underwater after you finish the quest, so make sure not to look away while it's loading!
- Aggression bonus: 40 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 52 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 64 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 28 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 37 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 45 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four
- One on the ship below; contains a bow and 10 arrows
- Two at the end; one is locked. There are also two piles of gold which need to be used.
- One possible if Olotel appears
- Collectables: Seven
- Adventurer's Pack north of the entrance, in the water (under an overhanging shelf)
- Rubble at the end of the first east-west corridor, in the water past the first valve-locked door (behind a column)
- Adventurer's Pack near the second underwater (trapped) valve, near the control panel
- Mushroom in the middle of the map, after the long swim
- Moss near the first shrines, behind a column
- Adventurer's Pack on a ledge to the south when you get to the frozen river
- Mushroom on a higher ledge further around
- NPC rewards: Random level-appropriate item
- Giant Rats
- Greater Cave Bats
- Greater Ice Mephits
- Skeletal Archers
- Skeletal Deckhands
- Skeletal Swashbucklers
- Skeletal Quartermasters
- Skeletal Mage