|Check out the new Discord server for all DDO players! Follow to the chat!|
Ghost of a Chance
|Requires access to : Three-Barrel Cove|
The brothers Worley discovered Captain Goldhorn's smuggling operation - one of them is now deceased and the other is imprisoned within.
|Ghost of a Chance|
|Epic XP:||Ghost of a Chance (Epic)|
|Takes place in:||Goldhorn's Repository|
|Bestowed by:||Marteen Worley|
|NPC contact:||Marteen Worley|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
The ghost of Marteen Worley told you the sad tale of his unfortunate demise, and how his brother suffers in his place. Farrier Worley is being held to the far north west shore, near the wreckage of the Rotten Shark. The prison entrance is just south of there, and underwater. Marteen asked you to rescue his brother, and put an end to the evil Pirate Captain Goldhorn.
- Free the imprisoned Farrier Worley
- Slay the Warforged Prototype
- Do not allow Farrier Worley to die
- (Optional) Slay the cave spiders - 15 total (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Brekik (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Captain Howell Goldhorn (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Deactivate the ancient device (90% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Puzzle (optional, tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Farrier Worley dies)
Tips and Misc
- Note the high percentage of the base XP for disarming the ancient device (the four-corner puzzle at the end).
- If you use the key found in Captain Howell Goldhorn's treasure chest so as to free Worley, you will then lose out on both chests and Experience bonus that are given for solving the puzzle : when using the key, the puzzle power source goes quiescent (the gate to the chests can only be opened by solving the puzzle, which requires the power source to be active).
- Prison puzzle tips, starting with the least helpful (puzzle lovers, please stop reading):
- Each corner of the room has four runed tiles; one of these, when activated, will open one of the locks on Worley's door, while the other three will shock him and any nearby players. The effect will continue until the rune is de-powered.
- The "bad" tiles can be identified by someone with the Search skill. The trapped tiles have a mine on the face.
- It is a good idea to disconnect all the bad tiles from the maze before touching the active power source.
- ALL the tiles can be moved, except for the brown tiles on the fringes. This includes the power source and the runed tiles.
- The puzzle starts in the SE corner with the single active energy source.
- Only the east side needs to be solved first, which will activate a brown energy tile in the NW corner (looks like a circle).
- Brown tiles appearing to lead nowhere actually connect with like tiles on opposite sides of the room.
- The west side is solved in a similar fashion, although the relationship between the "remote" tiles is less obvious.
- Captain Howell Goldhorn can be found in the big room to the south. He's surrounded by several Ancient Warforged and Guard Dogs who won't react until Goldhorn attacks. He wears a Fire Shield item, which will do damage to anybody who attacks him in melee.
- Brekik can be found in the southwest tunnel, through the water.
- The quest is complete when you speak to Worley after freeing him; you don't need to escort him out. Be sure you've done as much of the killables & breakables as you desire first.
- Be careful leaving the quest: You emerge underwater.
- Aggression bonus: 36 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 47 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 58 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 19 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Map notes:
- The key spawns in a lockbox after you talk with Farrier Worley.
- Chests: four
- One for killing Captain Howell Goldhorn
- Two in the cage behind Worley if you solve the puzzle
- One for killing Brekik
- Collectables: One
- Crude Altar in Brekik's room
- NPC rewards: Standard, up to +2 weapons & armor
Named Chest Drop