|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
A Relic of a Sovereign Past
Tesyus, a legendary sword forged by the dwarves of Xen'drik, was lost many years ago. The faithful of the Sovereign Host hope to reclaim it.
|A Relic of a Sovereign Past|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,716 ♦5,699 ♥5,966 ♠6,233|
|Takes place in:|| Black Anvil Mines,|
Black Anvil Forest,
|NPC contact:||Sir Kinze MacDunnam|
|Quest acquired in:||Temple of the Sovereign Host|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Sword of Redemption was a holy artifact forged by the dwarves of Ironroot Mountains during the Age of Monsters. Over time, the sword found its way into the possession of the Sovereign Host. After being lost for more than two hundred years, the Host has received information that the sword is now in the hands of the dwarves of the Black Anvil Mines. Go to the dwarven stronghold and retrieve Tesyus.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Obtain the sword Tesyus
- (Optional) Obtain the sword through non-combative means (45% Base XP) or
- (Optional) Defeat the duergar king, Dolgrim Nightforge (10% Base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Dolgrim's guards (Kill 6) (10% Base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Forge Master Daredin (15% Base XP)
- (Optional) Kill all the duergar summoners (Kill 8) (15% Base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Quest item collection (optional: 15 Adamantine Ores)
Poison spewing statues that sap large amounts of STR if you are not careful.
Tips and Misc
- One section of the caves allows you to collect adamantine ore. There are a total of 15 ore to collect, which can be used in Cannith Crafting to make construct bane shards, in the Stone of Change to harden items, or with a forge master to create several unique items:
- The key to enter this section is found in a randomly-placed chest in the northwest area. You can use 'q' to check for the chest without opening the doors there. It is not possible to simply pick the lock; you need the key.
- The levers in this section have to be manually targeted. The 'q' key will not highlight them. The "target" levers can also ONLY be opened with a ranged (or thrown) weapon. You cannot pull them with your hands, zap them with a wand. You can, however, shieldblock near a lever and use the duergar to trigger them while they try to hit you.
- Touch of Idiocy is effective in this quest. Due to the Duergar's low CHA score, ToI will render them helpless. The casters are especially vulnerable.
- Heavy Fortification is highly recommended for this quest. Duergar use Heavy Picks, which do quadruple damage on a critical hit.
Walkthrough (largely thanks to Lost Leader)
Get some fire resist and head on in. Clear the huge main chamber; be sure to get all the duergar summoners on the ledges to stop the flow of elementals and gain some optional XP (15% Base XP). You will need ranged weapons or spells for that (two ledges are unreachable for melee). Summoners also self-heal quickly, if you don't have enough ranged DPS, you can ignore this optional and simply run through the chamber.
Now head back like you are coming out of the entrance cave. Take the first cave on your left (the southwest one). This is the church wing, filled with casters and death priests. Get some acid and lightning resist as well as fire. Deathward can be useful. Clear it out, defeat the main summoner, pull the lever on the pedestal and get some loot. Shrine up and head out. This time, take the second door on the left (northwest). This is the barracks. Either:
- Hack 'n' slash your way down the corridor.
- Watch out, 'cause those duergar champions use Heavy Picks that have an x4 crit multiplier.
- Sneak right down the center. Even in loud creaky armor you won’t disturb the bad guys if you are in sneak mode.
- If you want to go for the optional adamantine ore, you will need to search out the barracks for the silver key. There is also a shrine in the third door on the right, but it is guarded inside.
- Work your way to the bottom, pull the rune lever there, grab your chest and head back up.
Option for next part: if you want to collect the ore, skip the next (north) hall with the blackguards and go to the silver key locked door (northeast), back to the mines. Kill the duergar and collect the 15 pieces of ore from the floor. Either split them up between those who want, or do a roll off for all. If you have enough pieces, you can trade them in for a special item with the smith in the back halls, or keep them and use them for Alchemical Adamantine Rituals to increase the hardness and durability of your items.
|Ore Each||15|| 7
d3 for last*
d18 - top 3 win*
d27 - top 3 win*
* Using formula (Number of Party members) * (Number of pieces of Ore) * 1.5
Now head back to the blackguard hallway to the north. Work your way up, disable the poison traps if you have a rogue, though they are easy to avoid. When you reach the top, you have another option. When you talk to the King, you are given all sorts of charisma based interactions. If you have a high intimidate you will get one route, where a high diplomacy or bluff will get you another. One route is to fight the king, get a chest, the other is to fight six blackguard and get a different chest. ….Or, you could purposefully fail the check, kill both and get both chests.
- Updated notes on how to gain the optional XP:
- Bluff: 33 works on elite (suboptimal result) - Fight the guards only (10% Base XP, one chest)
- Diplomacy: Normal and elite : 35 Success (suboptimal result) - Fight the King only (10% Base XP, one chest)
- Intimidate: Hard 34 = Success, Elite: 30 = Success. Acquires the optional XP for: Obtain the sword through non-combative means (45% Base XP). You get less treasure chests if you do this, but more experience points, making it often worth the trade off.
- Fail either or Choose to fight: Fight the King and the Guards: (10% +10% = 20% Base XP and two chests). Kill the guards first and the door to the second chest will open once the King dies.
Now grab Tesyus from the dais to complete the quest. And this one is no ornamental sword.
- In-quest item:
- Aggression bonus: 101 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 135 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 156 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 8 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 10 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 12 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 133 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 147 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 177 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Map notes:
- 1 - Key (found in a chest randomly placed in the west wing, unlocks the door to the east wing)
- 2 - Adamantine ore (15 pieces randomly placed in the east wing)
- 3 - Tesyus
- Use the first small map once you have done a 360 degrees run of the northern wing's ascending corridor and use the second small map after the second 360 degrees run.
- Chests: Up to 4
- 1 for defeating Edgan Nightforge
- 1 for defeating Griel Nightforge
- 1 possible if you kill King Dolgrim (at a cost of less total XP)
- 1 possible if you Dolgrim's guards (at a cost of less total XP)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Adamantine Defenders
- Clay Golems
- Duergar Acolytes
- Duergar Apprentices
- Duergar Barbarians
- Duergar Barbarian Shamans
- Duergar Blackguards
- Duergar Blacksmiths
- Duergar Bruisers
- Duergar Champions
- Duergar Death Priests
- Duergar Engineers
- Duergar Foremans
- Duergar Guards
- Duergar Laborers
- Duergar Miners
- Duergar Scouts
- Duergar Shotfirers
- Duergar Spellswords
- Duergar Summoners
- Duergar Surveyors
- Duergar Taskmasters
- Duergar Warriors
- Flame Guardians
- Summoned Guardians - Earth Elementals