The Bounty Hunter
A hideout for thieves, smugglers and ne'er-do-wells of all stripes, Knave's Hollow's true location is a mystery to the gentry of House Deneith.
|The Bounty Hunter|
|Takes place in:||Knave's Hollow|
|Bestowed by:||Kirstana of Fairhaven|
|NPC contact:||Kirstana of Fairhaven|
|Quest acquired in:||Anvilfire Inn|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The bounty hunter, Kirstana of Fairhaven has tracked her target from the kingdom of Khorvaire to the city of Stormreach. Using their contacts and other available resources, she and her party managed to determine that their target had sought refuge from the cutthroats of Knave’s Hollow. Lacking the manpower to enter the Hollow and collect her bounty, Kirstana asked you to eliminate her target and bring back his signet ring to fulfill the contract.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Obtain the signet from Drog Blackhand
- Obtain the iron key to open the vault
- Defeat Blaeric Goodspeed to obtain the iron key
- (Optional) Kill the troll chieftain (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Ras Clowery and obtain the jeweled key (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Talk to Annelisa (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spike trap entering first door. The control panel is past the trap, on the eastern side of the doorframe.
- Fire trap on the ledge around the southern edge of the pool leading to the vault. Control panel is to the east of the trap.
- Medium length corridor consisting of multiple platforms, most have a trap aimed at it or on it.
- Cold trap aimed at the first platform; control box is on a lower ledge to the south just as you enter.
- Cold trap aimed at the second platform; control box is on a lower ledge to the north, accessible from the first platform.
- Spike trap on first upper ledge, northern wall; control box is on the same ledge as the previous box, on the other side of the column.
- Blade trap on second upper ledge, northern wall; control box is on the lower ledge on the southern wall opposite it. Easily bypassed if you don't want to drop down and then have to swim back.
- Force trap aimed at the final platform; control box is on the upper ledge across from the blade trap (above the blade trap's panel)
- Blade trap on a ledge between the rocky walkway leading to the western corridor and the northern area; there's no actual need to go over that ledge unless you're taking a shortcut between the two. The control box is at the base of the ledge.
- Poison trap on small ledge winding upwards, just past a half-column on the wall. The control box is before it.
- Acid trap at the top of ladder. The control box is at the base of the ladder.
- Lightning trap in hidden cavern activates only once when you open the chest; no control panel. The best way to avoid it is to open the chest while still in the water, and then immediately dive back down.
Tips and Misc
- Shamans use AOE fire - bring fire resistance.
- Ras Clowery can be found by taking the ledge around the first big room and going up, then down the corridor to the west.
- The hidden cavern is reached by diving in the pool behind Ras Clowery and swimming past underwater plants that hide the cavern.
- The troll chieftain can be found behind a locked door hidden behind the chest in the locked cage near the shrine.
- Annelisa can be found with Blaeric Goodspeed, in the southwest. You're given the choice to either free her or not, but she'll decide to fight you if you choose not.
- If you're going for the breakables bonus, feel free to kill Drog Blackhand before smashing everything around; the quest doesn't finish until you take the signet ring out of the chest to the east.
- Aggression bonus: 30 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 39 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 48 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 49 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 60 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 behind the locked door near the shrine
- 1 for killing the Troll Chieftain (found behind a second locked door behind the chest in the locked cage near the shrine)
- 1 trapped in the hidden cavern, protected by a lightning trap
- 1 behind a locked door in the final room (the door is opened by key only, requires the jeweled key)
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom in the water behind Ras Clowery
- Mushroom in the water at the western end of the trapped platform corridor
- NPC rewards: Random items
- Black Wolves
- Drow Bandits
- Drow Slayers
- Dwarf Barbarian Shamans
- Dwarf Bards
- Dwarf Fighter/Wizards
- Dwarf Hunters
- Dwarf Priests
- Elf Barbarians
- Elf Barbarian Shamans
- Elf Hunters
- Elf Priests
- Elf Warriors
- Halfling Barbarian Shamans
- Halfling Hunters
- Halfling Man-at-Armses
- Halfling Priests
- Halfling Warriors
- Human Barbarian Shamans
- Human Hunters
- Human Warriors
- Troll Chieftain
- Troll Shamans
- Warforged Barbarian Shamans
- Warforged Bards
- Warforged Fighter/Wizards
- Warforged Hunters
- Warforged Man-at-Armses
- Warforged Warrior