Raiding the Giants' Vault
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The Dreaming Dark|
Long ago the Giants who lived on this island commanded their Drow slaves to build this vault. The vault has lain hidden and unopened until quite recently.
|Raiding the Giants' Vault|
|Takes place in:||The Giants' Vault|
|Quest acquired in:||Isle of Forgotten Dreams|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Base favor:||6 (solo only)|
|Free to Play:||No|
In order to repair the Stormreaver's Interdiction Lens you will need to retrieve a piece of Aspect Crystal.
Murkeletter believes that the ancient giants had a vault where they may have stored these crystals long ago. The Giants' Vault is on the Isle of Forgotten Dreams.
To enter the final Dreaming Dark quest in this chain, you may choose to enter this adventure as a solo player, or run Mining for Ancient Secrets as a party to repair the Interdiction Lens to complete the third of three quest flags required.
- Recover the Giants' Aspect Crystal
- (Optional) Find an exit from the vault: (+15% Bonus.)
- Can have 3 Animated Armors at the exit and a optional chest
- (Optional) Kill the mephit Sulphorot: (+15% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Kill the gargoyle Ironwing: (+15% Bonus.)
What to Expect
Overlapping floors, climbing and jumping
Fixed on center pedestal, fatal until disarmed by levers throughout the quest (mandatory); Rogue skills not required
Tips and Misc
This is the highest-level solo adventure in the game. There are not a great deal of enemies to fight. To complete this quest, be sure to bring in your best Jumping gear, Feather Fall, smiting weapons, and elemental buffs.
You begin by falling down a long shaft. If you have FF on at the start, you can land at the water's edge. Ahead is a small amount of resistance as some Inspired try (unsuccessfully) to disarm the traps atop a central pedestal in the main room. Watch out for the Inspired mage's level-draining attacks and kill off your competition.
Don't attempt to run up the central pedestal without disabling the traps. They likely have such a high save DC that they could kill an Epic-level player. Besides, you need to obtain a key that opens a non-pickable door at ground level and allows you to unlock the chests up top and complete the quest.
There are several paths from the main room, but most are elevated, which means you'll need to climb a lot, occasionally jumping to other locations. Explore the lower halls first, then begin your climb.
At several areas along the path up are six runes you can use to activate air jets below to make it easier to return to the upper ledges should you fall. You'll also encounter several animated armor monsters.
Once you reach a hallway, enter it and clear the area. There will be a lever in each of the first two hallways, guarded by a boss. Once both of them are thrown, the traps along the central pedestal will be deactivated. An alternate exit option can be found after the armor has been killed once the door behind the waterfall opens. Enter the cave and climb up the shaft, minding some mephits that may loiter there (don't leave, yet, of course).
Careful observation will show that you can fall from one of the hallways to a rare gargoyle that may spawn in a one-way hallway. There are also plenty of breakables through these halls to complete Ransack.
The Golem Hullstone in the last room need not be fought. You can target the small lever within the forcefield with your default target key (default: Q) and open it with your default action key (default: E)
Opening the central chest on top completes the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 19 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 24 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 - 6
- 1 optional for killing Sulphorot (Mephit, doesn't always spawn, found in the south wing)
- 1 optional for killing Ironwing (Gargoyle, doesn't always spawn, found in the south wing)
- 1 optional for finding an exit from the vault (doesn't always spawn, found in the west wing)
- 3 at the end
- the chests offer worse loot than the other lvl 19 quests due to solo setting's chest modifier
- the main chest at the end drops:
- Essence of Horrors ~1%
- Essence of Torments ~97%
- Essence of Nightmares ~1%
- Essence of Phantasms ~1%.
- NPC rewards: Standard
|Ironwing (view)||19||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Lone Warrior's Armor (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Sulphorot (NoPic)||18||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Animated Armor (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Gargoyle Juggernaut (NoPic)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Inspired Sorcerer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Lava Mephit (NoPic)||16||Fire Outsider||Mephit|