|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Lava Caves: Colossal Crystals
|Requires access to adventure pack: Vaults of the Artificers|
|Lava Caves: Colossal Crystals|
|Base XP Range:||1,200-3,000|
|Takes place in:||Lava Caves|
|Challenge starts in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||No|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Difficult|
Countless crystal deposits can be found inside this vast network of blistering hot caves.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Collect one Progenitor Crystal
- (Optional) Collect all three Progenitor Crystals
- (Optional) Resurrect 12 dead kobolds
- (Optional) Do not disable any Security Wards
- (Optional) Clear the Giant Encampment out of the Arena
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from the Challenge.
None, however exploding purple crystals count as force traps, and the lava caves obviously feature lava, which can be a deadly obstacle sometimes.
Tips and Misc
- Like the other Kobold Mining Union challenges, your Crystal Cove Pirate Hats will buff the Kobolds.
- Completing this Challenge will get you Jade Scorpions.
- In this Crystal Cove-like Challenge, you must collect at least one special Progenitor Crystal, which can be found in each of three unmapped caves (entrances have been marked as arrows on the map provided here).
- The Progenitor Crystals are behind gates and warded with security traps. If you don't disable the trap, a massive spawn of enemies will appear when the progenitor crystal is acquired to assault the kobold who has it. If you do disable it, the spawn of enemies will be much smaller in numbers. The number of enemies that spawns scales dramatically with the number of players in the challenge; disabling the trap is less important when soloing than when in a large group.
- The gates can be unlocked using corresponding crests (Scorpion, Bat, and Octopus). While the specific crest required for each gate does not change, the locations of the crests do. (For example: the gate opened by the Octopus crest will always be in the cave below the waterfall, but you still have to find the Octopus crest first.)
- The security wards can be disabled using the Security Ward Crest in the corresponding crest just outside the gate you are accessing.
- Placing a Kobold teleporter into a Circle of Power will turn it into a two-way teleporter, usable by kobolds, players, and monsters.
- The Progenitor Crystals are too big to fit through a regular teleporter or dimension door, however kobolds carrying big crystals will be able to use teleporters placed inside a circle of power (i.e. "big enough to let a giant through" per Dorris' description)." Devpost: FlimsyFirewood
- Picking up a Progenitor Crystal will add 2 minutes to your clock. They're worth 100 green crystals.
- Initial Duration: 15 Minutes
- May be increased by 2 minutes for each Progenitor crystal you acquire, for up to a total of 21 minutes if you manage to acquire all three.
- May be increased by a maximum of 1 minute, via the minute of time watch, for up to a total of 22 minutes.
- Chests: One - From the red named Cloud Giant