Beneath the outward face of the Path of Inspiration is the ugly truth: the sole purpose of this cult is to convert and subjugate the free peoples of Eberron.
Coin Lord Graden Wylkes has received word that his eldest son Jonas disappeared when in the company of members of the Path of Inspiration.
The Coin Lord wants you to enter the Sunken Parish in the Inspired Quarter and bring back his son, Jonas Wylkes.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find and rescue Jonas Wylkes
- Defeat the leader of the cult
- Rescue Jonas Wylkes... again
- Do not let Jonas Wylkes die
- (Optional) Find the other prisoners: (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Break into the cult's vault: (60% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, 1 random)
- Collapsible floor
- Puzzle (optional: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Jonas Wylkes dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Jonas Wylkes)
Spikes, blades, Mordenkainen's Disjunction
- Search DCs for these trap boxes are notably high on this quest. Average rogues with 50-55 search will not find them. You may want Mechanic or Wizard/Rogue build with 58 - 60+ search in your group.
- Trap DC thread on the forums
Tips and Misc
Screenshot of the optional puzzle
Puzzle solutions - there are 4 types of puzzle
- Useful elemental buffs:
- The end room is directly after the second shrine. The door closes after entering. However it may be re-opened using the nearby lever, just beware that if the traps were not disabled, they will be triggered again by using the lever.
- Aggression bonus: 51 monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♦383 ♥396 ♠410 )
- Onslaught bonus: 67 monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♦574 ♥595 ♠615 )
- Conquest bonus: ~82 monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♦957 ♥991 ♠1,026 )
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.( ♦306 ♥317 ♠328 )
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.( ♦383 ♥396 ♠410 )
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.( ♦574 ♥595 ♠615 )
- Observance bonus: 2 secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.( ♦306 ♥317 ♠328 )
- Perception bonus: 3 secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.( ♦383 ♥396 ♠410 )
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.( ♦574 ♥595 ♠615 )
- Mischief bonus: 7 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♦306 ♥317 ♠328 )
- Vandal bonus: 9 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♦383 ♥396 ♠410 )
- Ransack bonus: 12 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♦574 ♥595 ♠615 )
- To get 4 secret doors, finish the end puzzle before talking to Jonas Wylkes again.
- Some breakables are past the end puzzle, so complete the quest after its done. There are 14 breakables total and you need 12 for Ransack.
- There are two optional chests at the end. To get to the chests, go around and under the staircase just before the boss, where you will find a floor tile puzzle. If you solve the puzzle and light the gem as well as the top and bottom circle things, you get another chest and two piles of gold behind the bars - this third chest can also drop blue shards and discs. Once you solve the puzzle, the floor drops out and the pit below is filled with spikes. There is a secret door about halfway up the pit. It is possible to open it and get in using Feather Fall, but far easier if you turn an underwater valve in the water section of the map north of the first shrine, and swim down. There is a fourth chest in here with loot.
Note puzzle floor and ceiling are mirrors of each other and both need solved
- Chests: 4
- 1 for killing the Fire Elemental
- 1 at the end for saving Jonas for the second time
- can drop Crystal Shard/Disc of Phantasms (Blue)
- 1 optional for solving the puzzle
- 1 locked optional behind a secret door after solving the puzzle
- NPC rewards: Standard, list of 4 items, level14-16 weapons/armors