|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Scoundrel's Run
|Requires access to adventure pack: Three-Barrel Cove|
The scoundrel's Run is more than a race, and many who compete win death for their efforts. Dare you accept this challenge?
|The Scoundrel's Run|
|Heroic XP:||♣780 ♦1,380 ♥1,460 ♠1,540|
|Takes place in:||Scoundrel's Run|
|NPC contact:||Rosie the Jinx|
|Quest acquired in:||Three-Barrel Cove|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
To get to Smuggler's Run labyrinth, take the road out of camp. Use the left fork, proceed past the waterfall, and go through the northern mountain pass. The entrance is hidden in a forest west of a lagoon. You must recover all five pieces of Halokh hidden inside.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire the five pieces of the Idol of Halokh
- Legs of the Idol of Halokh
- Tail of the Idol of Halokh
- Right Claw of the Idol of Halokh
- Left Claw of the Idol of Halokh
- Head of the Idol of Halokh
- Reconstruct the Idol of Halokh on the pedestal
- (Optional) Slay Boss Kharja (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Overlapping floors
- Quest item collection (mandatory: 5 idol pieces)
- Puzzles (mandatory: puzzle wheels and tile puzzle)
- Fire trap on chest in the northern lobe; control box is on a pillar just before the chest, on the north wall (across from the mushroom)
- Fire traps down the northern corridor and NE lobe; a valve beyond them shuts them off
Tips and Misc
- The barkeep in the Salty Wench tavern and in other taverns associated with House Deneith will lower their prices upon completion of this quest.
- When you find the tile puzzle, make sure to light up the "finishing" puzzle piece to lower the drawbridge and also run power over the lip of the tunnel and into the power source that is several feet down.
- The Left Claw is NE of the entrance, past the puzzle wheels.
- The solution to the 4 puzzle wheels are only about 50 feet away from the puzzle, down either of the side tunnels.
- Boss Kharja is down the corridor east of the puzzle wheels, and then north at the T-junction.
- The Head is in the SE lobe, behind the valve-locked gates.
- The Right Claw is in the NE lobe, past the fire traps.
- The nearby valve shuts off the fire traps and opens the doors to the south; only one character has to go through the traps to turn the valve
- The Tail is in a room below the drawbridge, through a door opened by sending the rune power downwards below the drawbridge.
- The Legs are down the southwest lobe. When you approach them, magical barriers will appear on either side of the tunnel and the four Large Earth Elementals nearby will spring to life; defeating them will drop the barriers. Make sure to keep the party together!
- Head south from start, take your first left west then keep going west, kill earth elementals and get Legs.
- Take first left then first right (both north) to bridge, solve puzzle. (Don't forget final piece to unlock gate.) Drop all the way down to first floor and get Tail. (Off the left side of bridge is a shorter fall to second floor, then ladder down to first floor.)
- Climb back up ladder and head west. At 4-way intersection grab collectable from north and chest from west, then head south. Take first left back to and across bridge, loot (trapped) chest from eastern alcove then head south. Take first left east through fire traps, turn valve and get Right Claw.
- Go back through deactivated fire traps, then south and solve puzzle wheels. (blue 1 turn, all others 4) Get Left Claw.
- Head east, kill Boss Kharja and get Iron Key from lockbox in northern alcove. Go south, use iron key to open locked gate, get Head. (Ignore the valve in hallway.)
- Backtrack north then west to puzzle wheels, go south from wheels, drop down to start. Place pieces on altar to finish.
- Aggression bonus: 27 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 32 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: > 38 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: Four
- Two near Boss Kharja (a lockbox opened by an iron key dropped by Kharja, and a chest which appears after defeating him)
- One in the westernmost lobe; spawns a scorpion ambush when opened
- One in the north lobe; one-shot fire trap goes off when opened
- Collectables: Ten - mushrooms and adventure packs
- Mushroom south of the entrance, where the lower corridor turns east - behind the machinery
- Adventurer's Pack further down the corridor, where the upper corridor turns back north
- Mushroom in the southern corridor, past the first valve-locked gate, behind the machinery
- Adventurer's Pack a bit down the corridor to the east
- Adventurer's Pack in the southeast lobe (near the Head)
- Crude Altar east of the entrance
- Rubble in the lobe NE of the scorpion chest (guarded by greater cave bats)
- Rubble on a ledge just past the drawbridge
- Mushroom in the northern lobe (near the trapped chest)
- Adventurer's Pack down the southwest tunnel, near the Legs
- NPC rewards: Random +2 weapons/armor
- Greater Cave Bats
- Heavy Lifters - Minotaurs
- Large Earth Elementals
- Large Monstrous Scorpion
- Minotaur Berserkers
- Minotaur Lord
- Minotaur Shamans
- Minotaur Warriors
- Monarch Scorpion
- Night Scorpions