The Ruins of Thunderholme
|Requires access to : Shadow Under Thunderholme|
The ruins of this fallen city are now the lair of the shadow dracolich Aurgloroasa. Here she commands her Cult of the Dragon followers - as well as legions of the undead created from the bones of Thunderholme's former inhabitants.
In addition to the Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer missions typical to all Wilderness Adventure Areas, the following missions can be done in this zone:
- Destroy Dagan the Death Knight
- Needed in order to flag for the raid: Fire on Thunder Peak. Quest giver is in Thunder Peaks public area next to entrance to the wilderness map.
- Slay the Cult of the Dragon Emissary (Sarva Bellistrae)
- Needed in order to flag for the raid: Temple of the Deathwyrm. Quest giver is in Thunder Peaks public area next to entrance to the wilderness map.
Also, the Magma Forge can be found in the lower sections of the mountain (see map), granting use of Thunder Forge crafting.
WARNING: If someone (already flagged) in your party teleports to one of the raid entrances, the red named will not spawn (only their locked chest) and you will not flag.
- Slay 10 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 3,615 XP = 361.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 4,854 XP = 194.16 xp/kill
- Slay 50 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 6,495 XP = 129.9 xp/kill
- Slay 100 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 9,360 XP = 93.6 xp/kill
- Slay 200 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 14,505 XP = 72.53 xp/kill
- Slay 400 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 24,495 XP = 61.24 xp/kill
- Slay 750 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 40,185 XP = 53.58 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 81,810 XP = 54.54 xp/kill
- Slay 3,000 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 163,905 XP = 54.64 xp/kill
- Slay 5,000 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 227,475 XP = 45.5 xp/kill
- Slay 7,500 creatures in The Ruins of Thunderholme: 296,745 XP = 39.57 xp/kill
 Rare Encounters
XP per encounter: 4,800
Bonus XP for solving all encounters: 28,800
Forum discussion about spawn points: 
- Slay Agartha the Huntress
- Put Cassa Goldwright to rest.
- Put Ulmer Bloodpenny to rest.
- Defeat The Night Whisperer
- Slay Brightbane
- Destroy Detritus
- Extinguish Ember
- Slay Fleetwing
- Slay Daelus Madune
- Defeat Gatewarden
- Destroy Egil the Rage Singer
- Slay Iztaran Gar
- Slay Galdrinn Fisk (Rare named that does not appear on the list)
XP per discovery: 2,400
Bonus XP for discovering all: 12,000
- Find Sarva's First Journal
- The day of the Dracoliches will come. Freed from death, resplandent, mighty, and terrible to rule us all. And when they do, the Dracoliches will remember those who worked to bring about their rule. They will remember the Cult of the Dragon.
- Find Sarva's Second Journal
- How great, how wondrous is our ruler, Aurgloroasa the Sibilant Shade! The bones of a conquered city defend her. The dark itself moves at her command. Her plans encompass the Realms and span the centuries. Surely she must prevail!
- Find Sarva's Third Journal
- We must not be lulled by the safety of this deep mountain fortress. We must not be lulled by the promisse of a future yet to come. Great forces are in motion this very moment. War in the Realms, the change of an age, and even trachery within - these are all reasons why we must act now and not delay. This pact with the Netherese will guarantee our future.
- Find Sarva's Fourth Journal
- What living creature is more fearsome or majestic than a Dragon? Surely they were made to rule over mere humans. But splendid wings and armored scales - these cannot compare to immortality! And this is why the Dracolich, undead and undying, is the true and rightful sovereign.
- Find Sarva's Fifth Journal
- The Netherese arrived yesterday. I personally escorted them to their quarters down in the crypts. It is strange indeed to have outsiders here in the citadel of the faithful. Yet so Aurgloroasa commanded in her wisdom, and she can see deeper into the shadows than any mortal.
- Find Sarva's Sixth Journal
- When Aurgloroasa awoke from long slumber to find that Dwarves had built a city inside her mountain, she did not act hastly. Instead she whispered in the shadows. She slowly twisted the mind of Dagan so that he ordered a temple built - not to any dwarven god, but to Null, the Deathwyrm. Then she came to the temple, slew the Dwarves and took their city as her own. That is how she dealt with the Dwarves, and that is how she shall deal with all the kingdoms of men - in time.
- Find Sarva's Seventh Journal
- Who can count Aurgloroasa's mighty deeds? This mountain city which she took from the Dwarves. Her immortal lichdom when she embraced the Cult of the Dragon. Three years' war in Sembia, and the sack of archmage Mhzentul's arcane stores. A thousand other ruses that brought wealth and power to her and her followers. Who would wish to question our ruler's decisions? Who would dare?
- Find Sarva's Eighth Journal
- Today I sttod in Aurgloroasa's presence. I had gone to the temple with my daily offering when I felt a cold stirring of the shadows at my feet. Then a deep darkness engulfed me, and I saw her looming above, her eyes like cold fires. How glorious! How magnificent! I am honored to be her emissary.
- Find Sarva's Ninth Journal
- Today she commanded us to equip ourselves for war. Even now her undead servants toil in the mines to provide us with ore. Soon Thunderholme's silent halls will once more ring with the sound of weapons being forged.
- Find Sarva's 10th Journal
- Only a fool quotes prophecy and then waits for it to come true. No, sisters and brothers, prophecy must be worked at, and that is why the Cult of the Dragon exists. Only out effort, our sacrifice, our devotion will make prophecy into truth.
- Find Sarva's 11th Journal
- Netheril has tied strings to Sembia and made it into their puppet. Very well, our Cult will make ourselves useful for the Netherese. Then when they begin to pull the strings in earnest, we will not be swept clean away.
- Find Sarva's 12th Journal
- These Netherese - are they triffling with us? We are the Cult of the Dragon, and yet they treat us as if we are a band of supersticious tribesmen. Every time their insolence verges on blasphemy, I pray my dragon-queen herself will appear and show them what lies waiting in the darkness.
- Find Sarva's 13th Journal
- The Netherese complained about their accommodations again. They seem to think that a Dracolich's lair ought to be more like a warm, comfortable inn. They don't seem to understand that the only reason they still draw breath is that Aurgloroasa wishes it.
- Find Sarva's 14th Journal
- The Netherese brought us the Stone Meridian as an offering to Aurgloroasa. The Dwarves thought they could hide it from her, but she knows how to find what she wants. The Red Dragons have taken the artifact to the mountaintop to guard it.
- Find Sarva's 15th Journal
- Dwarves used to forge mighty weapons in the fires of the mountain. They thought they had built a fortress that none could breach, protected by weapons none could defeat. Yet they still fell to the dragon in the end. We are not so foolish, sisters and brothers! We know the power of the dragon.
- Find Sarva's 16th Journal
- We walk a narrow mountain path, sisters and brothers - a pat slick with ice and buffeted by the winds. Only perseverance and dedication will keep us from plummeting to our deaths. We must trust in our dragon queen to bring us safely to our goal - for with her, we shall fly rather than fall!
- Find Sarva's 17th Journal
- How carefully Aurgloroasa lays her plans. How she waits in shadow and never shows her face unless she must, until the time is right. And yetthis pact with Netheril, if it comes to pass, carries such great risks ... but I must have faith. Surely this is all part of her plan.
- Find Sarva's 18th Journal
- Do not fret, my children. Netheril will not get the better part of out bargain. The Netherese are strong and brash now. So, too, were the dwarves of Thunderholme, until the Sibilant Shade had finished with them.
- Find Sarva's 19th Journal
- Look at Netheril! Its powers are at their pinnacle, and the empire goes from strength to strength. Yet we must not forget that the Netherese are doomed to fall to the Dracoliches in the end. Until that day comes, we can use their power and influence for our own ends.
- Find Sarva's 20th Journal
- We held council with the Netherese today. Things had come to a stalemate when Aurgloroasa showed herself to the Netherese for the first time. How their faces went pale! How their eyes went wide with fear! I trust that they will not forget that I am the emissary of this dark power.
- Bats - 3rd, 4th and 5th, 6th floor
- Cult of the Dragon Necromancers - 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th floor
- Cult of the Dragon Assassins - 1st floor
- Cult of the Dragon Devotees - 1st floor
- Cult of the Dragon Deathlords - 1st floor
- Dwarf Skeletons - 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th floor
- Helmed Horrors - 1st floor
- Magma Brutes - Red-named; 2nd floor
- Netherese Arcanists - 3rd floor
- Netherese Archwizards - 3rd floor
- Night Hags - 3rd floor
- Shadows - 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th floor
- Shadow Stalkers - 1st, 3rd, 4th floor
- Salamander Firepikes - 2nd floor
- Salamander Flamecallers - 2nd floor
- Skeletal Archers - 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th floor
- Skeletal Battleragers - 1st, 6th floor
- Skeletal Warriors - 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th floor
- Underdark Spiders - 3rd, 4th floor
- War Wizards - 3rd floor
- Winter Wolves - 7th floor
- Wraiths - 4th floor
 Named Loot
The rare encounters drop the following named loot.(All ML27,):
- Dagan's Mallet (Returning Throwing Hammer): , , , Knee Cracker, Thunderbane, Forged Lightning,
- Deathwyrm Cloak (Cloak): , , ,
- Gloaming Philter (Returning Throwing Flask): , Special: Deals 10 to 60 Negative Energy Damage to nearby enemies, and possibly inflicting a negative level.
- Thunder-Forged Dwarven Ingot,