|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Forgotten Caverns
|The Forgotten Caverns|
|Heroic XP:||♣545 ♦1,090 ♥1,156 ♠1,222|
|Takes place in:||Forgotten Caverns|
|NPC contact:||Thurd Steelhand|
|Quest acquired in:||Ever Full Flagon|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Locate the entrance to the Forgotten Caverns.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Search for an entrance into the caverns
- Explore the forgotten caverns
- Kill all of the trolls: 8 total.
- (Optional) Slay Moldfang (10% of base xp)
What to Expect
- Collapsible floor
- Point of no return
The first room (with the cold mephits) has a cold trap.
Tips and Misc
The quest starts near a big empty room where several Greater Ice Mephits appear. The floor then collapses, revealing hidden caverns adventurers have to explore, killing a Troll tribe and its leader along the way.
At higher difficulty settings Greater Ice Mephits might be challenging unless properly prepared. A Resist Energy:Cold spell or potions giving the effect can be very useful. No need to have a long lasting resistance since there won't be any further Mephits in the quest. Once Mephits have been dispatched reach the treasure chest only using room edges, for most of the floor collapses. It's no big deal if you fall (the party will have to jump in anyway) but you'll miss the chest and won't be able to come back.
Moldfang is not easy to dispatch either. As a troll boss, wounds regenerate, but if you get through him you'll have access to rest shrines. His cavern is partly flooded, be careful not to find yourself inadvertently swimming while fighting him.
The shrines in the troll room require a Strength of 18 to bash down the door.
- Aggression bonus: 17 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 22 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 28 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 6 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 8 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- 1 near the entrance
- 1 optional for killing Moldfang (Troll, found near the first shrine)
- 1 at the end
- NPC rewards: random item; choose from 4
- Greater Earth Elementals
- Greater Ice Mephits
- Huge Ochre Jelly
- Large Earth Elementals
- Ochre Jelly
- Troll Chieftain - in the final room
- Troll Shamans