Rest for the Restless
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Lady Nepenthe's enemies have trapped her son in deathless suffering. Destroy his restless bones to end his torment.
|Rest for the Restless|
|Takes place in:||Vault of the Restless|
|Bestowed by:||Lady Nepenthe|
|NPC contact:||Lady Nepenthe|
|Quest acquired in:||Bogwater Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Lady Nepenthe's son was bound for Stormreach, but her mysterious enemies wrecked his airship and killed him. As further punishment, they raised him as a Skeleton Warrior to guard their treasures. Find the tortured remains of Nepenthe's son and send him to his rest. Lady Nepenthe is in Bogwater Tavern in the South West of House Phiarlan. Head back out into House Phiarlan for the quest entrance.
- Destroy the powerful Skeleton Warrior crafted from Nepenthe's son
- (Optional) Send 6 Skeleton Mages to their rest +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Puzzle (lever puzzle)
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: turning a valve traps the player/hireling that used it but allows the rest of the party to advance, turning a second valve frees the trapped player/hireling)
- Spike traps in each of the puzzle rooms; in both cases, solving the puzzles to open the gates stops the spikes, rather than a control box.
- There is a fire trap right before the library. The control box is in the northern alcove just before the traps, on the eastern face.
Tips and Misc
- Normally, a minimum of two people are needed for this quest, although one could be a hireling or pet*. However, it is possible for one player to complete this quest without any assistance, if s/he does not mind incurring a 30% XP penalty (losing the 10% Persistence bonus, plus a -20% reentry penalty): turn the valve that raises the two caged walls, effectively trapping the player - and then simply hit the Recall button, and re-enter the dungeon before the instance resets. Alternately, if the player can cast Dimension Door this can be done without actually leaving the instance. The valve in the caged area will remain turned, and the door to the final area will be open.
- If you are doing this with a hireling or pet, situate him/her/it by the valve (the one just east of the first shrine) and order them to stay in place (the "stand ground" command in their action bar); right click the valve to select it in your target window, then (without clicking anything else) move outside the room. Then just click your hireling's "Interact with..." button (the button with the gears), and the gates to that room close and the gate to the closed-off area opens. Summon your hireling to come to you and they will teleport to you, clear of the newly-closed gate.
- When you turn this valve, a pair of ghasts will spawn (on hard and elite). If you're going to have a hireling/pet do it, you can drop the gates first, kill the ghasts, then raise the gates and proceed as above, or just teleport them immediately after they turn the valve and leave the mobs safely behind the gate.
- For the north (reverse K rune) puzzle, turn the northern and western valves.
- For the west (ladder rune) puzzle, turn the northern and southern valves.
- The valve near a group of coffins will release a number of skeletons; melee types will appear on the ground and archers overhead. Defeating all of them will open the door to the next area, while turning the valve lifts the gates around the past valve, freeing any trapped players. Don't enter this quest without some sort of ranged option effective against undead or you cannot kill the archer skeletons above the coffins to proceed.
- The name of the quest NPC is the same as a genus of carnivorous plants. The possessive form of her name is the same as the genus for pitcher plants, Nepenthes ()
- Aggression bonus: 38 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 47 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 58 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- 1 in the passageway just before the first collectable; opening it triggers a gate dropping to trap you with a skeleton ambush.
- Collectables: Five
- Mushroom in an alcove just east of the ambush chest passageway
- Mushroom just south of the puzzle gates, in the northwest corner of the square
- Mushroom in an alcove by the door to the second set of shrines
- Bookshelf to the right as you enter the library
- Mushroom in an alcove to the north, just before the exit rope (you have to jump across the gap in the upper level of the library, to where one of the final two arcane skeletons is)
- NPC rewards: Random weapons and equipment
|Nepenthe's Son (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Arcane Skeleton (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Elf Zombie (view)||QL:1; QL:2/3:||Undead||Zombie|
|Skeleton Archer (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Swordsman (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Warrior (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton (view)||QL1:; QL2: ; QL3: ; QL?:||Undead||Skeleton|
|Wight (view)||QL2:; QL3:||Undead||Wight|