|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Redfang the Unruled
Redfang the Unruled is no common spider. Your mission of extermination will not be easy.
|Redfang the Unruled|
|Heroic XP:||♣416 ♦748 ♥802 ♠856|
|Takes place in:||Redfang's Nesting Grounds|
|NPC contact:||Basil Tallbarrow|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Explore the warehouse sub-basement and kill Redfang the Unruled.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Destroy the giant spider Redfang
- Collect Redfang's Silk Glands
- (Optional) Acquire Venom's Poison Sac (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Acquire Bile's Stinger (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Tarnish (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Vyragon (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Goliath (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Point of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Fire Trap: Just after entrance. Box is on the right wall
- Fire Trap: At base of first long drop. Box is on the interior wall
- Spike Trap: In front of rune-locked door after first long drop (where Venom spawns). Box is beside the trap, to the right of the door.
- Spike Trap: Room full of spike traps. Box is on the North wall, on top of a crate. Only some of the spikes will be disabled.
- Poison Trap: Room full of poison traps. Boxes on all four walls, top level. There is one sprayer on the top level of the west wall that stays active even if you get all 4 boxes disarmed.
- Fire Trap: Top of ramp leading to Redfang. Box on Left wall.
- Fire Trap: Bottom of ramp leading to Redfang. Box on Right wall.
Tips and Misc
- Throughout this quest, you'll be fighting mostly spiders, along with a few scorpions, so vermin bane items and anti-poison spells/items can be very useful. Feather fall may also be useful, as there are several long drops (you can use ladders or ramps to get down, however if you fall...)
- There are also a large number of traps that you'll encounter along the way, so a good rogue is a near must-have for this quest.
- There are white spider egg sacks in the first several rooms you come into. If you get too close to them, a baby glass spider will hatch, and possibly poison you. Best method to get rid of them is to use "T" button to go into manual targeting mode and then use ranged attacks to destroy them. Destroying either the egg or the spider will yield no additions to the kills or breakables count.
- Use the shrine on the second level before dropping. Unless your jump is extraordinarily high (29 is enough) you won't be coming back up.
- Be careful not to let the black widow in the long hallway on the third level draw you into the second fire trap.
- Goliath may appear on the second level, in the southern section of the room.
- Venom may appear on the second level, in the northern section of the room. Her venom sac will garner a potion of Cat's Grace from Tallbarrow when you exit.
- Bile may appear on the third level, just before the long hallway. His stinger will garner a potion of Fox's Cunning from Tallbarrow when you exit.
- Tarnish may appear in the central (east-west) portion of the long hallway.
- Vyragon appears behind a secret door across from Redfang's chamber.
- This quest ends when someone picks up Redfang's silk glands, not when Redfang dies. If you leave the glands on the floor until you've broken all the barrels in Redfang's room, you may be able to raise your breakable bonus.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 26 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 5 traps disarmed
- Neutralization bonus: 7 traps disarmed
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 130 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 169 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 206 breakables smashed
- Chests: 4 - 6
- 1 optional for killing Goliath (Gargoyle, doesn't always spawn, found on the middle floor in the southern section of the room)
- 1 on the bottom level, in the SW corner of the room with the third crystal lever
- 1 optional for killing Tarnish (Rust Monster, doesn't always spawn, found in the central portion of the long hallway)
- 1 on the bottom level, behind the secret door across from Redfang's chamber
- 1 optional for killing Vyragon (Troll, found on the bottom floor behind the secret door across from Redfang's chamber)
- 1 at the end for killing Redfang (Black Widow)
- NPC rewards: Random Item, up to +1 weapons