|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Mirra's Sleepless Nights
The history of Parthilcar Tower is black with rumored evil. Seek the source of the wailing noises that troubles its latest occupant.
|Mirra's Sleepless Nights|
|Heroic XP:||♣429 ♦760 ♥804 ♠848|
|Takes place in:||Parthilcar Tower Crypt|
|NPC contact:||Mirra Parthilcar|
|Quest acquired in:||Drowning Sorrows Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Search the basement of Parthilcar Tower and discover where the wailing and scratching noises that keep Mirra awake at night are coming from.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the source of the wailing sounds.
- Find the source of the scratching noises.
- (Optional) Destroy the source of the wailing sounds (25% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Ice blast traps in room with ladder and chest in the middle. The lower traps activate when you go towards the center of the room, while the upper traps activate when you pull the lever up the ladder. Control boxes for both are up the ladder. The panel for the lower level is on the western side of the column, right at the top of the ladder; the upper traps are controlled by the trap on the north.
Tips and Misc
- The shrine can only be accessed with a rogue; the third control panel on the eastern side of the pillar.
- The central room, with a chest, also contains a trap: When you get near the center, all the doors close and several skeletons (including arcane skeletons) spawn; the doors open when you destroy them.
- The library (in the eastern wing) contains Canton Parthilcar's final journal entry; reading this spawns an ambush of arcane skeletons and a skeleton arcus.
- The north central room, with another chest and a ladder, also contains a skeletal ambush, with the extra bonus of ice traps. Be sure not to allow the skeletons to draw you in too deeply. The ambush and traps don't actually activate until you go past the outer columns, so it's possible to spread yourself around the room first. You can even have the rogue start the ball rolling by rushing up the ladder to disable the traps!
- The wailing sound is in the northeast room; the source is Canton's ghost. Going into the room wakens him and spawns a skeletal ambush. It's recommended to do this one before the scratching noises if you're going for the killables bonus.
- The scratching sound is down the western wing; the source is a pair of iron golems behind a forcefield. There's no way to drop the forcefield.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 18 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 23 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: X monsters killed
- Neutralization bonus: 2 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 18 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 23 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 28 breakables smashed
- Map notes:
- The shrine door is opened by a control box (marked on the map with the symbol used for levers), placed at the top of the ladder in the room with the ice traps and found by using the Search skill.
- Chests: 3
- 1 locked at the first intersection
- 1 locked and trapped at the second intersection
- 1 in the room north of the second intersection
- Collectables: Three
- Bookshelf in the eastern wing
- Mushroom in the northeast room
- Adventurer's Pack in the water down the western wing.
- NPC rewards: +1 weapons
- Arcane Skeletons CR: 2/3/5 (N/H/E)
- Armored Wights CR: 5/7/9 (N/H/E)
- Dread Zombie CR: 12 (Elite)
- Ghasts CR: 3/5/7 (N/H/E)
- Skeletons CR: 0.5/1/3 (N/H/E)
- Skeleton Arcuses CR: 6/8/10 (N/H/E)
- Skeleton Swordsmen CR: 2/3/5 (N/H/E)
- Wight Priests CR: 7/9 (H/E)
- Wraiths CR: 5/7/10 (N/H/E)