A pack of zombies shambles towards the gate. The assault has begun.
Deathshadow, a slain necromancer, has returned from the grave as the wraith called Deathshade. He's amassing an army of undead to avenge his demise at the hands of Stormreach's heroes. You must prevent him from gaining entry to Delera's Graveyard!
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Deathshade
- Do not allow the gate to be destroyed
- Light the four funeral pyres
- (Optional) Slay Alexi Drange (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Guard Jobari (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Lonni Renaldo (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Qhumok (20% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the gate is destroyed)
- Protect a quest item (mandatory: the gate)
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: someone to defend the gate, someone to light the pyres, someone to protect the player that lights the pyres)
Tips and Misc
- It takes 30 seconds to light a funeral pyre, making the player susceptible to being interrupted while lighting it.
- As the Pyre is being lit, wraiths and skeletons will spawn.
- There are three roles that need to be filled here: gate defender, pyre activator, and defender of the pyre activator.
- The Pyre Lighter can light the pyre in stealth mode, without breaking stealth. Invisibility would also work.
- It is possible to solo this quest with a hireling. This requires some speed and micromanagement on your part. Use a Wizard or Sorcerer hireling (preferably one with Firewall) to guard the gate. Keep them in Aggressive Stance and Hold Ground. The Gate Swarmers go directly for the gate and completely ignore attackers, so the hireling can nuke as much as they want. Go to each pyre, kill all the spawns, and light them in stealth mode. You'll want to run back after each pyre though to give your hireling a hand. Once Deathshade appears, you can just kill him and the quest will be over!
- Bonus XP
- Devious Bonus: 73 monsters killed