|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
This flagstones of the Broken Highway provide the safest route through the Menechtarun. Even so, caravan masters must keep alert for raiders.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Demon Sands|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,615 ♦2,980 ♥3,123 ♠3,268|
|Takes place in:||The Broken Highway|
|NPC contact:||Iosynne d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||No|
Iosynne d'Phiarlan hired you to guard a supply caravan bound for a region of the Menechtarun Desert known as the Demon Sands by those daring enough to risk its wastes.
These supplies are desperately needed by the scholars and adventurers at Zawabi's Refuge, the only oasis safe from the scorrow, outsiders and gnolls who plague the Demon Sands. Iosynne promises you a fine reward from the Caravan's stores if you survive the journey.
When you are ready for the journey, climb aboard the Broken Highway caravan waiting at the House Phiarlan Enclave.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defend the caravan from the ambush
- Speak to Iosynne d'Phiarlan
- At least 2 caravans must survive
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 2 minutes: (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 4 minutes: (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 6 minutes: (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defend the caravan for 8 minutes: (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Atharis (Drow Elf): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Thornpaw (Hyena): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Sandstalker (Scorpion): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Doomstalker (Scorpion): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Dunestalker (Scorpion): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Ga'khat (Scorrow): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Kharik (Scorrow): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Qualar (Scorrow): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Sekkekh (Scorrow): (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Yurtik (Scorrow): (20% of base XP)
- Note: Excluding Atharis, all optionals are rare spawns. You will generally only encounter 3-5 per instance.
What to Expect
- Quest starts immediately on entry
- Timed quest (10 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect quest items (mandatory: 6 caravans)
- Quest failure (if more than 4 out of 6 caravans are destroyed)
Tips and Misc
- Two shrines are nearby. The attack is fairly constant and requires crowd control spells and mass damage spells such as blade barrier and firewall. Charm can also be useful to turn some of the mob against itself.
- Speaking to Iosynne after the DM announces the ambush is over will send you back to Zawabi's Refuge if you select the top option. Select the bottom option (End Dialog) to end the quest and not exit, so you can still loot the end chests before exiting.
- All of the optional named are rare except one: Atharis. Atharis will always spawn if you anger her: Do so by killing some of the drow up top. She will not come down, so you will need some ranged attack to slay her, and a good one as she self heals fairly fast. Aside from Atharis, you will generally only encounter 3-5 optional named per run. They offer great XP, so be sure to slay them all.
- Aggression bonus: 14 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 19 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 23 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: Three, at end of time. (Be sure to open these before talking to the npc to finish quest, you will be immediately warped out if you select the wrong option - select the end conversation option to end the quest without leaving.)
- NPC rewards: Selection of 4 random items (lvl 6-8)
- Drow Fanatics
- Drow Missionaries
- Menechtarun Crushers
- Menechtarun Hyenas
- Menechtarun Packmasters
- Scorrow Pilgrims
- Scorrow Raiders
- Vulkoorim Priests
- Vulkoorim Prophets
- Atharis - Optional orange-named drow rare
- Doomstalker - Optional orange-named scorpion rare
- Dunestalker - Optional orange-named scorpion rare
- Ga'khat - Optional orange-named drow scorpion rare
- Kharik - Optional orange-named drow scorpion rare
- Qualar - Optional orange-named drow scorpion rare
- Sandstalker - Optional orange-named scorpion rare
- Sekkekh - Optional orange-named drow scorpion rare
- Thornpaw - Optional orange-named hyena rare
- Yurtik - Optional orange-named drow scorpion rare