Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The Emerald Claw seeks to fuse trollish regeneration with magical undeath. Make sure this scheme does not reach fruition.
|Takes place in:||Emerald Claw Laboratory|
|Bestowed by:||Aratrix d'Phiarlan|
|NPC contact:||Aratrix d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||Bogwater Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Aratrix d'Phiarlan has hired you to investigate a secret laboratory being run by agents of the Emerald Claw. According to Aratrix, these Emerald Claw necromancers are trying to fuse trollish regenerative powers with the magics of undeath. Find the Claw's laboratory near the Necropolis and destroy their captive trolls, slaying as many of the Claw's minions as possible along the way.
- Kill the Emerald Claw's first captured Troll
- Kill the Emerald Claw's second captured Troll
- (Optional) Plunder the Emerald Claw's treasure cache +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Spike trap in the corridor past the first troll. There's a control panel on the northern wall just before the trap, or a lever past it. The lever will spawn a Blackbone Thrall (and a Dwarf Necromancer on Hard/Elite) near the dart trap, who will come to investigate the lever.
- Slashing Blade trap immediately after the above spike trap. The control panel is past the trap, at the end of the wall; time it and you should be okay. (Note: Halflings may seem short enough to walk/tumble under the blade - they are not.)
- Dart trap southeast of the blade trap; no control panel. It's also a dead end, so no need to go there.
Tips and Misc
- Map navigation is bugged. The entrance to the Emerald Claw Laboratory is the northernmost door, just to the west of the path to The Necropolis.
- You'll be facing both human and skeletal fighters and casters. Spells can include lightning bolts, sleet storms, and blindness spells. Prepare accordingly. (Unless you walk into the fire in the 2nd cage room, that is not a threat, despite the threatening narration.)
- The door to the north (The Emerald Claw's treasure cache) is opened by pulling levers in each troll's cage. The levers can't be pulled until the troll near them is dead.
- In the room with the first troll, the acid spray is stopped with the lever up the western ladder, while the cage is opened by the lever up the eastern ladder; you must pull both to advance the quest and kill the troll. (If you have hirelings, it might be a good idea to pull the western lever first, so they don't walk thru the acid while following you.)
- In the room with the second troll, each lever stops half of the fire; when you pull the second one, a door in the back opens, which contains the lever to open the cage for the troll fight.
- Aggression bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 27 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 33 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 behind the hidden door between the shrine and the second troll cage
- 1 optional in the north room, behind the door opened by pulling the levers in the troll cages
- Collectables: Three
- Alchemy Table in the room past the first door
- Bookshelf in the hallway to the north, before the lever-locked door
- Rubble behind the hidden door between the fire cage and the shrines
- NPC rewards: +2/3 weapons and armor (choose from 4)