|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Emerald Claw seeks to fuse trollish regeneration with magical undeath. Make sure this scheme does not reach fruition.
|Heroic XP:||♣463 ♦820 ♥868 ♠916|
|Takes place in:||Emerald Claw Laboratory|
|NPC contact:||Aratrix d'Phiarlan|
|Quest acquired in:||Bogwater Tavern|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Aratrix D'Phiarlan has hired you to investigate a secret laboratory being run by agents of the Emerald Claw. According to Aratrix, these Emerald Claw necromancers are trying to fuse trollish regenerative powers with the magics of undeath. Find the Claw's laboratory and destroy their captive trolls, slaying as many of the Claw's minions as possible along the way.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Kill the Emerald Claw's first captured Troll
- Kill the Emerald Claw's second captured Troll
- (Optional) Plunder the Emerald Claw's treasure cache (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed))
- Spike trap in the corridor past the first troll. There's a control panel on the northern wall just before the trap, or a lever past it. The lever will spawn a Blackbone Thrall (and a Dwarf Necromancer on Hard/Elite) near the dart trap, who will come to investigate the lever.
- Slashing Blade trap (Halflings aren't immune even though they might seem short enough to walk/tumble under the trap.) The control panel is past the trap, at the end of the wall.
- Dart trap southeast of the blade trap; no control panel. It's also a dead end, so no need to go there.
Tips and Misc
- The door to the north (The Emerald Claw's treasure cache) is opened by pulling levers in each troll's cage. The levers can't be pulled until the troll near them is dead.
- In the room with the first troll, the acid spray is stopped with the lever up the western ladder, while the cage is opened by the lever up the eastern ladder. You must pull both before the troll is "active," however - you can't just open the cage and then try to coax the troll out through the acid spray.
- In the room with the second troll, each lever stops half of the fire; pulling both of them opens a door in the back, which contains the lever to open the cage.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 21 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 27 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 33 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 1 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 21 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 27 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 33 breakables smashed
- Chests: 2
- 1 behind the hidden door between the shrine and the second troll cage
- 1 optional in the north room, behind the door opened by pulling the levers in the troll cages
- Collectables: Three
- Alchemy Table in the room past the first door
- Bookshelf in the hallway to the north, before the lever-locked door
- Rubble behind the hidden door between the fire cage and the shrines
- NPC rewards: +2/3 weapons and armor (choose from 4)