Archer Point Defense
You must move quickly to defeat the raiders who have sensed the weakness of Archer Point.
|Archer Point Defense|
|Takes place in:||The Marketplace|
|Bestowed by:||Jasper Cruikshank|
|NPC contact:||Jasper Cruikshank|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Jasper Cruikshank, a mercenary leader, has a standing contract for the defense of Archer Point against bandits and raiders. Unfortunately, Jasper overcommitted himself to a 'secret' mission for the Coin Lords and left Archer Point bare of defenders. Speak with Jasper to arrange passage to Archer Point, then fend off the scavengers who are gathering nearby!
- Slay at least 45 enemies to clear a path for Carrack the Restless
- Kill the leader of the hobgoblins to break the raiders' morale
- Do not allow your enemies enough time to regroup
- (Optional) Kill the Ogre Shaman who has allied with the Hobgoblin raiders — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Timed quest (12.5 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the hobgoblin chief is not killed and fewer than 45 monsters are killed before the time runs out)
Tips and Misc
- In spite of the name of the quest, this is actually a 12.5 minute timed offensive quest.
- Once in the quest, you'll have close to 40 seconds after entering to buff up before the front gate gets smashed down; this means you actually have less than 12 minutes to complete the quest.
- Because of the time limit, dying at any point during the quest while trying to solo will most likely cost you success on the quest, because every second spent recharging at the tavern is a second lost in the instance.
- Clear straight through to the shrine on the east side of the map first, then head south and west. You shouldn't need to head up the northern path, except possibly on Normal, unless you're going after the chest there or the kills bonus.
- There are actually two Ogre Shamans in this instance, but only one of them (the one near where the Chief is, who guards the chest to the northwest) counts for the objective.
- The Hobgoblin Chief's encampment is hidden behind some bushes near the Ogre Shaman.
- Note: The Quest Journal shows this quest as "Archer Point".
- Aggression bonus: 43 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 56 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 68 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 11 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: If you want to achieve the 8-15% XP breakables bonus, you'll need to run past the Chief at the end, and break all the breakables at his camp before you kill him, as the quest will likely auto-complete on his death.
- Chests: 4
- 1 north of the fort
- 1 optional for killing the Ogre Shaman (found NW of the fort)
- 2 at the end near the Hobgoblin Chief
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: Random