|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Archer Point Defense
You must move quickly to defeat the raiders who have sensed the weakness of Archer Point.
|Archer Point Defense|
|Heroic XP:||♣362 ♦772 ♥820 ♠868|
|Takes place in:||The Marketplace|
|NPC contact:||Jasper Cruikshank|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Jasper Cruikshank, a mercenary leader, has a standing contract for the defense of Archer Point against bandits and raiders. Unfortunately, Jasper overcommitted himself to a 'secret' mission for the Coin Lords and left Archer Point bare of defenders. Speak with Jasper to arrange passage to Archer Point, then fend off the scavengers who are gathering nearby!
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay at least 45 enemies to clear a path for Carrack the Restless
- Kill the leader of the hobgoblins to break the raiders' morale
- Do not allow your enemies enough time to regroup
- (Optional) Kill the Ogre Shaman who has allied with the Hobgoblin raiders (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Timed quest (12.5 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the hobgoblin chief is not killed and fewer than 45 monsters are killed before the time runs out)
Tips and Misc
- In spite of the name of the quest, this is actually a 12.5 minute timed offensive quest.
- Once in the quest, you'll have close to 40 seconds after entering to buff up before the front gate gets smashed down; this means you actually have less than 12 minutes to complete the quest.
- Because of the time limit, dying at any point during the quest while trying to solo will most likely cost you success on the quest, because every second spent recharging at the tavern is a second lost in the instance.
- Clear straight through to the shrine on the east side of the map first, then head south and west. You shouldn't need to head up the northern path, except possibly on Normal, unless you're going after the chest there or the kills bonus.
- There are actually two Ogre Shamans in this instance, but only one of them (the one near where the Chief is, who guards the chest to the northwest) counts toward quest completion.
- The Hobgoblin Chief's encampment is hidden behind some bushes near the Ogre Shaman.
- If you want to achieve the 8-15% XP breakables bonus, you'll need to run past the Chief at the end, and break all the breakables at his camp before you kill him, as the quest will likely auto-complete on his death.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 43 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 56 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 68 monsters killed
- Mischief bonus: 9 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 11 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 13 breakables smashed
- Chests: 4
- 1 north of the fort
- 1 optional for killing the Ogre Shaman (found NW of the fort)
- 2 at the end near the Hobgoblin Chief
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: Random