Introduced in Update 24, some enemies gain randomized buffs on Hard and Elite difficulties in quests with effective level 5 and higher. These enemies are called Champions, and they have a visible crown above their head to mark them. Monster Champions do not appear in raids or wilderness areas.
- Hard normal monsters: 6%
- Elite normal monsters: 9%
- Hard Orange named monsters (mini-bosses): 33%
- Elite Orange named monsters (mini-bosses): 66% ( )
- Regular (yellow) champions have a chance to drop Mysterious Remnants.
- Mini-boss (orange) champions have a chance to drop a chest when defeated. Champion chests always include Mysterious Remnants.
- These chests don't follow the chest ransack mechanic.
- Drop rates:
- 33% chance to drop chest or remnants (and 66% during Double Remnant events) ( )
Champion crowns designate whether the Champion is Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3:
- A small yellow crown indicating it is Tier 1
- A medium orange crown indicating it is Tier 2
- A large red crown indicating it is a Tier 3
Champion buffs now randomly pick between a set of template themes after the Outer and Inner Planes where they get their boost, depending on difficulty:
- Casual or Normal - no champions
- Hard - Tier 1
- Elite - Tier 1 and 2
- Reaper - up to Tier 3
Players can see the kind of Champion they are fighting by looking at the creature's title. Additional detail can be found in the examination window.
During the Halloween event, Champions crowns show a little jack o'lantern under the usual crown of fire.