Lava Caves: Circles of Power
|Requires access to : Vaults of the Artificers|
|Lava Caves: Circles of Power|
|Duration:||Fixed time limit|
|Base XP Range:||800-3000|
|Takes place in:||Lava Caves|
|Challenge starts in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||No|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Average|
Countless crystal deposits can be found inside this vast network of blistering hot caves.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Collect 150 crystals
- (Optional) Collect 300 crystals above your quota
- (Optional) Find the azure motes (5)
- (Optional) Do not buy any torches
- (Optional) Keep all kobolds alive
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
None, however exploding purple crystals count as force traps, and the lava caves obviously feature lava, which can be a deadly obstacle sometimes.
Tips and Misc
- In the first room there is a magical circle, which will form a two-way portal for kobolds and players (and monsters!) with a kobold teleporter placed in a circle of power.
- Circles of Power appear as circles of swirling orange energy.
- Torches will link through both sides of the portal, allowing you to start a new torch line from any connected circle of power on the map.
- The Circle of Power and the Magic Circle have the same connection radius as a torch, and in that way can act as a torch themselves.
- While any activated Circle of Power will allow teleportation back to the Magic Circle, you and your kobolds may only teleport back out to the most recently activated Circle of Power.
- Mote locations are random.
- Proof against poison items/Neutralize poison make life much easier. The dungeon is inhabited with scorpions, scorrow and drow.
- Kobold positions are marked on the map, allowing you to monitor their progress when not near them.
- Don't forget to gather the free torches near where you enter. The Kobolds can easily figure out how to get back to base with only one or two torches connected to the magic circle.
- Like the other Kobold Mining Union challenges, your Crystal Cove Pirate Hats will buff the Kobolds.
Fixed: 20 Minutes
- Can only be increased by a maximum of one minute via the minute of time watch.
- Chests: One per red named killed.