|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Base price modifier
 Base price modifier
Note: This concept only applies to randomly-generated items. For Cannith Crafted items, see Enchantment Level.
The base price modifier of an item is determined by its enhancement level. A +4 Full Plate, a +4 Chainshirt or a +4 Dagger all have a base price modifier of 4. Every special enchantment adds to the value of the item.
The base price modifier of an item affects two things:
- Its price range
- Its minimum level requirement
- Currently the maximum base price modifier in the game is 11 (higher value items would not be equippable by level 20 characters).
- You may find some caster-related weaponry that goes above +11, as some caster effects have very high costs, without having higher min levels. As well as race required items above +11, as they lower the minimum level.
- A race-only item's minimum level is decreased by 2, but not its base price modifer.
- Minimum level requirement for an item is (base price modifier * 2) - 2.
- Some items mutate to a few steps higher value than they should, due to having higher Durability and Hardness than normal. These items usually stick out in pawn shops, like a "+1 Longsword" in the pawn shop that sells +3 weapons. These items are almost always race restricted.
- The material of an item has no effect on its base price modifier. e.g. +1 Mithral Brigandine, +1 Adamantine Chain Shirt and +1 Breastplate all have a base price modifier of 1.
- The material does add to the shop value of the item, but the minimum required level doesn't change.
A +3 Holy Burst Silver Kama of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane has a total base price modifier of 10:
Thus, with a modifier of 10, the minimum level requirement for it is 18.
If it was a dwarf-only weapon, the minimum level requirement drops by 2 for a total of 16.