May I extend my warmest welcomes and offer you any help you may need? Thanks for your contributions, mate!
- ...First, you may want to check out our FAQ page.
- ...There's a wealth of wiki documentation on the Help page, perhaps some of it may be of use to you.
- ...Before you upload your screenshots, which we really appreciate, please read our file naming policy.
- ...With the wiki's most recent update from version 1.19 to 1.23, we now have many new features and abilities.
- ...There's a really good Introduction over on Wikipedia also, it should help you figure out what's going on if your new to wikis in general.
- ...Don't forget to change your DDO wiki user preferences.
- ...We pride ourselves on providing the best and most accurate information possible and are happy to reward our editors with extra privileges for making that happen. The first step in the promotion ladder turns off the CAPTCHA edit tests and you can check out the details Here.
If you need help with something above and beyond what the links above can provide...
- ...Someone is most always available! You can drop me a message on my user talk page (which I watch like a hawk), grab my other contact info on my user page, or ask one of the other 13 system operators .
Again, welcome to the wiki - and I can't thank you enough on behalf of the community for your help in making us the best DDO site around
- Hello Kobold worker! I am a DDOstream demo account by ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email). Please check out the stream on http://www.twitch.tv/ddostream where we'll be broadcasting every Tuesday morning - Time and duration to be decided. DDOstream (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 08:19, September 22, 2015 (EDT)
This is just a notification to say you, good sir (or ma'am), are Awesome!!! ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 08:27, December 29, 2015 (EST)
Hi, your latest update of T:Wizardry breaks categorization for Magi items (and perhaps others). See Category:Magi_Wizardry_items. Why the change? --Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 03:45, June 16, 2016 (EDT)
- The change is due to the way that Turbine non-retroactively changed wizardry so values are now the old AM/M/roman or the new decimal. I'll update the template again because I still don't like the format of the categorizations. ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 09:57, June 16, 2016 (EDT)
There's seems to be an unnecessary line break above the box. See --Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 07:03, June 16, 2016 (EDT)
- There doesn't seem to be a line break in the code of the template itself. See ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 09:23, June 16, 2016 (EDT)
- Commenting out the line break helped, at least in my browser, so yay! :) --Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 11:43, June 16, 2016 (EDT)
New template for traps and locks
I saw you were creating a new template to keep numbers consistent in the OL/DD tables, and I noticed it had been a while since it got last updated. I didn't want to edit an existing template in case I messed it up so, based off the one you started, I created a template at JDDRoll and test calls can be seen at the bottom of my user page. Hope this helps. JonDDavies (Contribs • Message • Email) 09:47, September 5, 2016 (EDT)
- I don't understand what the purpose of T:JDDRoll is. First, if it is a sandbox template to suggest improvements, it should either be on T:Roll result/sandbox or T:Roll result/JonDDavies or U:JonDDavies/Roll result or even U:JonDDavis/sandbox. Second, I see no real difference when looking at the two templates side-by-side. In fact the "official" version has much more processing built into it based on the rules to return a better result. Let me know what you want to accomplish and I'll happily help you (I'm working on a few very large scale projects at the same time right now, so time has been thin (why there has been no wiki talk and will be no wiki talk for a few more weeks while I set things up), but I'll help you with what I can so you can do your work to help the wiki. ). ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 10:57, September 5, 2016 (EDT)
- The point of JDDRoll was to tidy up the if statements which appear in Roll Result. The removal of the two formulas was deliberate because those should be used in the "suspected DC range" column, not the "Roll result" column. Also, one of the formulas was wrong anyway. I did it as a separate template because, as I already explained, I didn't want to mess up someone else's hard work whilst I was attempting to tidy up the coding. As all I appear to have done is waste my time, I won't bother in future. JonDDavies (Contribs • Message • Email) 12:22, September 5, 2016 (EDT)
- Roll result and suspected DC range are going to be merged into one, that's the whole point of the new templates. Putting your ideas on a separate page is fine, but it should be a subpage in your userspace or of the existing template for consistency. Time spent working on a project and learning is never time wasted. ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 17:07, September 5, 2016 (EDT)
Test section to show talk page notice on DDOwiki Talk this morning!
Welcome!! Thanks for your hard work editing DDOwiki!!!