The Portable Hole
The Portable Hole
The Portable Hole is an inn that can only be reached using the Teleport or Greater Teleport spell. It exits to the Marketplace, in front of the Harbor gate, although teleport can also be used to leave. No quests are given or are started in the Portable Hole inn.
An alternate method of reaching the Portable Hole requires you to arrive at least once prior by Teleport or Greater Teleport (e.g. cast by a friend), then speaking to the Spirit Binder to set it as your bind point. Afterwards you can then use the "/death" chat command to kill your character (or 'Release' during death in a quest) resulting in being raised at the Portable Hole. (Non-permanent equipment damage may occur from this, requiring repair.)
There are subtle distinctions to the Portable Hole:
- It is the teleport spell destination with the widest services for spell scrolls and spell materials.
- All purchasable arcane spells are available here, and can be reviewed in a few moments.
- It has its own chat channels, and is not easily accessible to newer players.
The following scrolls are sold exclusively here and are unavailable from other scroll vendors:
- Master's Touch (Art 1, Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Wlk 1)
- Halt Undead (Sor/Wiz 3)
- Prismatic Ray (Sor/Wiz 5)
- Protection from Elements (Art 4, Clr 5, FvS 5, Sor/Wiz 5, Wlk 4)
- Prismatic Spray (Sor/Wiz 7)
- Protection from Elements, Mass (Art 6, Clr 7, FvS 7, Sor/Wiz 7, Wlk 5)
NPCs of Note
- Scroll vendors for Arcane spells level 1-7
- Potion vendor who sells a variety of curative, buffing and potency potions
- General vendor who sells inscription materials and Wizard/Sorcerer and Bard spell components
- Spirit Binder
- Wizard, Sorcerer and Warlock class trainers
There is a mailbox located in the center of the tavern.