This ancient cave used to be a haven for smugglers passing through the area. Now it might just provide a way into the fortified lighthouse.
|Takes place in:||Smuggler's Hollow|
|Quest acquired in:||Ataraxia's Haven|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Ataraxia, the namesake of this isle, has been kidnapped. Her father Sykros, who owns the resort, has begged you to find and rescue his daughter. He knows the Duergar use the lighthouse to the West as a base of operations and suggests that you start by looking there
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the entrance to the lighthouse
- Question the wounded duergar
- Rescue Ataraxia
- (Optional) Exterminate the scrag colony (Kill 40, 20% of base xp)
- (Optional) Slay Trankirn (5% of base xp)
- (Optional) Slay Deluge (5% of base xp)
- (Optional) Slay Gewastern (5% of base xp)
- (Optional) Slay Decay (5% of base xp)
- (Optional) Defeat the smuggler guardians (5% of base xp)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Ice Jets in the gold pile (two boxes)
Tips and Misc
- The dungeon entrance of this quest can be safely reached from the Resort Spa by going to the southeast edge of the Ataraxia's Haven, then proceeding westward by sticking to the southern edge of the map. The only possible encounter is a pack of hyenas in the Rock Totem site where a boss might spawn. This route prevents encounters with tough duergars and feebleminding wildmen.
Walkthrough (thanks mainly to
- Buffs: electricity resist against troll scrag shamen; fire resist against duergar summoners.
After questioning the Duergar, head out to find the stolen keys. Entering the tunnels, there are 3 main paths: east, west and south.
South is an optional, containing a haunted gold pile, with a cold trap. The trap can be avoided by carefully walking up to the treasure and clicking on it from a distance. The piles of gold can be checked 2 times to receive more treasure.
The lighthouse lies east, but that’s our last stop. Start west. Get to the scrag caves.
Search out the west scrag cave and the tunnels in their entirety. There will be at least one chest with a key, and possibly two chests with keys. They will spawn in random places each time you run the instance. If the second chest with a key is not found, it should be in the east scrag cave.
Now head to the eastern tunnels. If needed, search out east for the second key, and proceed though the tunnels in the east hall that take you to the locked gate under the lighthouse.
Entering the bottom of the lighthouse will put you up against a mid-sized Duergar contingent. Clear them out and find Sykros’ Jewel locked up… in a prison cell.
Note: after completion, it is kind of fun to climb to the top of the lighthouse and exit that way. You will find yourself in a very scenic spot and there's a collectable on the way to the exit.
- Discreet bonus: 11 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 38 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 62 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 2 - 4
- 1 optional chest for killing Trankirn (Troll, doesn't always spawn, found in one of the side rooms in the scrag caves)
- 1 optional chest for killing Gewastern (Troll, doesn't always spawn, found in one of the side rooms in the scrag caves)
- 1 optional chest for killing Deluge (Spider, found in the lighthouse)
- 1 end chest
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Duergar Acolytes
- Duergar Assassins
- Duergar Guards
- Duergar Kidnappers
- Duergar Scouts
- Duergar Spellswords
- Duergar Summoners
- Scrag Foragers
- Scrag Hunters
- Scrag Shamans
- Smuggler Guardian - Spectre