Name: Owlbear Defender
- Claw/Bite - Piercing/Slashing
- 50% acid absorption
- 50% electric absorption
- 50% cold absorption
- 50% fire absorption
- 50% sonic absorption
- Limited ability to heal themselves
Level 25 Owlbear
- 200 Physical Resistance Rating
- DR 15/-
- Death Ward
- Heavy Fortification
- 30% healing amplification
- STR 91 DEX 38 CON 53 INT 12 WIS 20 CHA 14
Level 17 Owlbear
- STR 61 DEX 28 CON 38 INT 12 WIS 18 CHA 14
The Owlbear Defender is a special hireling that players will receive if they purchase the Legendary Upgrade pack at the same time as a pre-order of the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack.
Each character will receive two Owlbears - one at level 17 and one at level 25. The contracts go into a hireling contract folder if a character owns one. Unlike other hireling contracts, they never expire.
The Owlbear Defender is treated as a Gold Seal hireling for a couple of purposes:
- This affects Dungeon Scaling like any Gold Seal hireling (i.e., less than an extra player or regular hireling).
- This also allows you to summon her anywhere in any dungeon - but not raids.
- Acts as a party member, and takes up a party slot.
- Unlike all other hirelings, multiple party members can summon their own Owlbear.
- Shown as 'Race: Owlbear' in the inspection window, and as such is of Magical Beast type and can have Animal Growth and similar spells cast upon it.