Item:Tome of Skill
Introduced in Update 18 a Tome of Skill also known as a Skill Tome is a rare and powerful book that permanently grants an inherent bonus to one skill.
Skill tomes come in the range of +1 to +5.
Skill tomes can be universal (e.g. those included with Shadowfell Conspiracy purchase) - you can select which skill to improve while eating the tome (except UMD). Another variety is skill specific tome, e.g. Tome of Skill (Perform +1).
Upgrade Tomes of Skill were introduced in Update 18.2.
- Saga end rewards.
- Purchase from the DDO Store,
- Daily Dice prize
- Silver Daily Dice prize on a roll of 97-99: +1, +2, and +3 versions.
- Gold Daily Dice prize on a roll of 97-99: +4, and +5 versions.
- Can drop in chests.
- Can drop in 20th raid completion lists.
- Anniversary Card Collection reward
- +1 - ML 1
- +2 - ML 5
- +3 - ML 9
- +4 - ML 13
- +5 - ML 17
- You open barter interface - once selected specific tome of skill appears in a backpack, select the skill you want to increase once in the game.
- You cannot select Use Magic Device. UMD tomes are available separately but only from +1 to +5.
- Bonuses from tomes persist through Reincarnation (will survive through TR).
- Note that only the most powerful version of a tome will apply (using two +1 tomes on the same skill will only provide one +1 total inherent bonus to that skill). Hover over your skills' total mods in your character sheet to see what inherent bonuses you may already have to each skill. This item is Bound to Account.
- Stacks with ability tomes: