|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
From DDO wiki
(Redirected from DF)
Spells have one or more components that are required in order to successfully cast them. Spell pages list these in abbreviation format (V, S, M, F and/or DF). The types of components are:
- V: Verbal - This is a spoken incantation. To provide a verbal component, you must be able to speak in a strong voice. Spells with this component are uncastable if you cannot speak.
- S: Somatic - Somatic components are measured and precise hand motions that can be interfered with by wearing armor. This can cause Arcane Spell Failure, resulting in a ruined spell. This means that spells without a Somatic component may be used with disregard to Arcane Spell Failure chance. See: Category:Arcane Spells without a Somatic Component. Note that characters make the same arm gestures for all spells in DDO, so you can't tell which spells require this component by watching your character's animations.
- M: Material - Material components are one or more physical substances or objects that are annihilated by the spell energies in the casting process. Spells with this component are uncastable if you don't have those items in your inventory.
- Expanded Article listing all Material components: Material component
- F: Focus - A focus component is a prop of some sort. Unlike a material component, a focus is not consumed when the spell is cast and can be reused. As with material components, the cost for a focus is negligible unless a price is given. Assume that focus components of negligible cost are in your spell component pouch.
- DF: Divine Focus - A divine focus component is an item of spiritual significance. The divine focus for a cleric or a paladin is a holy symbol appropriate to the character’s faith. If the Components line includes F/DF or M/DF, the arcane version of the spell has a focus component or a material component. (The abbreviation before the slash.), and the divine version has a divine focus component. (The abbreviation after the slash.)