Bravery and Streak bonus overview
These bonuses only apply for the first completion of a quest, on top of the first time completion bonus. However, these can only be awarded once per a quest, unlike the first time difficulty bonus which can be awarded multiple times per a quest. Running the same quest additional times will not give these bonuses again or affect the bravery streak. After the first run, you may run the quest on any difficulty and it will not break your bravery streak.
Players often abbreviate these together as BB or Streak on LFM panels. For example, "elite for BB" or "for elite Streak" and such.
In order for the bravery bonus to apply, all of the following conditions must be met:
- It must be the first completion of the quest for that character. True Reincarnation resets your completion status of all quests.
- You must run the quest on Hard or higher difficulty.
- Running the quest on Hard makes you eligible for "Hard Streak"
- Running the quest on Elite makes you eligible for both "Hard Streak" and "Elite Streak"
- For non-epic quests (base level 19 or lower) the highest character level in the party cannot be greater than 2 levels above the base level of the quest.
- For Epic (base level 20) quests;
- The spread between quest level and character level is increased by one, so the highest character level in the party cannot be greater than 3 levels above the base level of the quest.
- This means a lvl 20 epic quest (Phiarlan Chain for example) will allow bravery bonus for groups where no character is above lvl 23.
- For Epic (base level 21 and higher) quests;
- The spread between quest level and character level is increased by two, so the highest character level in the party cannot be greater than 4 levels above the base level of the quest.
- This means a lvl 21 epic quest will allow bravery bonus for groups where no character is above lvl 25.
Suspending bravery bonus
As of Update 27, there is an NPC in the Hall of Heroes and on Guild Airships that allow a character to temporarily suspend their Bravery Bonus. This is a toggle, and will remain in effect until toggled again by speaking to the NPC. The Bravery Bonus will not reset nor increment when suspended.
Note: Reincarnating a character might reactivate your suspended bravery bonus. Check your bravery status with the bravery marshal.
- Bravery bonus - This bonus is a flat +10% on Hard and +20% on Elite, and is applied for being brave enough to do a quest for the first time and choosing a harder than normal difficulty.
- Streak bonus - This bonus is +5% on Hard and +10% on Elite
- Streak bonus stacks with itself up to 5 times, to a maximum of +25% for Hard, and +50% for Elite.
The bravery and streak bonuses stack with each other, but also stack with the standard "first time" bonus. Together, these bonuses can provide up to +75% on Hard and +150% on Elite when the maximum streak is obtained.
- Hard (75%) = First time bonus (40%) + Bravery (10%) + Streak (25%)
- Elite (150%) = First time bonus (80%) + Bravery (20%) + Streak (50%)
When determining which streak bonus (Hard or Elite) will be applied, the higher number of the two streak bonuses takes precedence.
- You are running a standard CR10 quest on Elite (Effective quest CR is thus 12)
- Your character is lvl 12
- This is your first time running the quest
- Your current Hard streak is 5 (+25%)
- Your current Elite streak is 1 (+10%)
→ Your final XP calculation will be: First time bonus on Elite (80%) + Bravery on Elite (20%) + Streak on Hard (25%)
What breaks Streaks and what doesn't
All streaks are broken when both the following are true:
- You are running a quest for the first time
- The quest difficulty is Casual or Normal (breaks both Hard and Elite streak) or Hard (breaks Elite streak)
- Your streak will not be broken if you personally would qualify for breaking your bravery streak, but someone else in the party is over level which prevents you from qualifying. Thus you can do at-level quest on normal or hard the first time without breaking it, simply by inviting an over-level character. Your streak will be paused and not applied, but not broken.
- You run The Shroud (CR17) on normal at level 17.
- If everyone else was level 19 or lower, your streak would be broken.
- If you have a level 20 in the group, no one qualifies anymore and thus it will neither break your streak nor extend it.
- You can verify whether or not your streak will progress or be broken by examining the XP report. Be sure to examine it after all party members are in the dungeon, as it could change based on who's inside.
Running solo-only quests doesn't affect your streak in any way.
Running Devil Assault no longer affects your bravery streak in any way, as of Update 11.1.
Level 20+ quests
Level 20 quests are treated as level 21 quests for XP purposes only. Level 21+ quests are treated as 2 levels higher for XP purposes only.
Challenges and special event instances
Challenges don't have a classic difficulty selector (N/H/E), and therefore they don't benefit from or affect Bravery Bonus in any way.