All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Walk the Butcher's Path
You have set foot on the infamous Butcher's Path, a gauntlet that has inspired many grim tavern tales.
|Walk the Butcher's Path|
|Heroic XP:||♣632Solo/Casual ♦1,148Normal ♥1,244Hard ♠1,339Elite|
|Takes place in:||The Butcher's Path|
|Bestowed by:||Mistress Ahura|
|NPC contact:||Mistress Ahura|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
Mistress Ahura warned you away from a dangerous road through the sewers known as 'The Butchers Path', saying that it was beyond your abilities. If you wish to prove her wrong, seek the entrance in the Harbormaster's Plaza.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Slay at least 80 monsters to clear the Butcher's Path
- Survive to reach the northwest exit of the Butcher's Path
- (Optional) Find the kobolds' hidden treasure — Bonus (5%): Heroic( ♣32 ♦57 ♥62 ♠67 )
- (Optional) Defeat the kobold ambush - 7 total — Bonus (5%): Heroic( ♣32 ♦57 ♥62 ♠67 )
- (Optional) Slay Vorag the Vengeful — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣95 ♦172 ♥187 ♠201 )
- (Optional) Defeat the Shaman Prysass — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣126 ♦230 ♥249 ♠268 )
- (Optional) Defeat the Troglodyte Champion — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣63 ♦115 ♥124 ♠134 )
- (Optional) Slay Witch Doctor Kneeza — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣95 ♦172 ♥187 ♠201 )
- (Optional) Slay Warlock Cyressy — Bonus (25%): Heroic( ♣158 ♦287 ♥311 ♠335 )
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Rune (optional: requires an Intelligence check)
- Ability check (optional: a lever that requires a Strength check)
- Spikes in the underwater passage after the second door you open
Tips and Misc
- This mission is probably one of the hardest there is for its level. If you run it level appropriate, soloing can be deadly for inexperienced players, and elite can give even a good team a rough time.
- The first Kobold ambush (non-chest generated) is behind a secret door in the west wall of the first corner you come to. This door can be found with a (−5) Spot skill and (−5) Search.
- The chest-initiated Kobold ambush is no longer as dangerous as it used to be. Instead of a large number of Kobolds being spawned in one go, they are now released in small groups: Once a wave is defeated, more doors open releasing the next few Kobolds.
- There are three oozes guarding the second shrine which don't appear until you are up close to the shrine. Make sure you are ready for them before trying to rest. If doing the ambush chest, you may want to kill the oozes first so you have a clear path to the shrine after the fight.
- To find the Kobold's Hidden Treasure, you must pull a lever requiring an 18 STR, and use a rune requiring 18 INT. These are behind gates opened by a valve behind the second hidden door; the hidden treasure itself is in an alcove just beyond. It's also locked, so you'll need open lock to get the treasure.
- Vorag the Vengeful may be found in the room just before the hidden treasure.
- Shaman Prysass is located in a chamber between two locked doors. Without a good jump to get to the first door, you have to swim through an underwater tunnel protected by a spike trap. Either way, you need either a rogue or Knock
- The Troglodyte Champion is behind a door that requires a STR check (18) to open, right before you get to the second shrine. His name is listed as "Troglodyte Chief" over his head.
- Witch Doctor Kneeza can be found just before the exit.
- Warlock Cyressy is behind an underwater door towards the end of the mission. He is a caster with a much higher CR than other mobs in the dungeon. It is generally best to complete the mission and then come back for him rather than risking a party wipe that close to the end.
- The ooze between the second and third secret doors sometimes respawns.
- Aggression bonus: 60 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣63 ♦115 ♥124 ♠134 )
- Onslaught bonus: 78 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣95 ♦172 ♥187 ♠201 )
- Conquest bonus: 96 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣158 ♦287 ♥311 ♠335 )
- Observance bonus: 3 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.( ♣51 ♦92 ♥100 ♠107 )
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.( ♣95 ♦172 ♥187 ♠201 )
- Mischief bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣51 ♦92 ♥100 ♠107 )
- Vandal bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣63 ♦115 ♥124 ♠134 )
- Ransack bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣95 ♦172 ♥187 ♠201 )
- Chests: 5–7
- 1 optional for killing Vorag the Vengeful (Ogre, doesn't always spawn, found in the room just before the hidden treasure)
- 1 optional and locked for finding the hidden treasure
- 1 optional for killing Shaman Prysass (Troglodyte caster, always spawn found in a chamber between two locked doors)
- 1 optional for killing the Troglodyte Champion (found behind a door that requires a STR check (18) to open, right before you get to the second shrine)
- 1 optional in an alcove in the passage north of the shrine, opening it triggers a large ambush
- 1 optional for killing Warlock Cyressy (Troglodyte caster, doesn't always spawn, found behind an underwater door towards the end of the quest)
- 1 optional for killing Witch Doctor Kneeza (Kobold caster, always spawn found at the end of the quest)
- Collectables: Five
- Mushroom at east end of the corridor behind the first secret door (where the kobold ambush is triggered)
- Mushroom in room opened by the valve behind the third secret door (Ogre Rare Spawn Room)
- Rubble in the pool before Warlock Cyressy
- Rubble before gate after the tunnels (near the fourth secret door)
- Mushroom before the water near the exit
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
||Maul of Vengeance (edit)||Maul||
||1||UnboundUnbound: This item is Unbound, and may take permanent damage.||Walk the Butcher's Path, Vorag the Vengeful's Chest|
||Jade Ring (edit)||Ring||
||1||Bound to Character on EquipBound to Character on Equip: This item is Bound to Character on Equip||Walk the Butcher's Path, Shaman Prysass' chest|
||Kneeza's Bauble (edit)||Trinket||
||1||UnboundUnbound: This item is Unbound, and may take permanent damage.||Walk the Butcher's Path, Witch Doctor Kneeza's chest|
||Ring of Time (edit)||Ring||5||UnboundUnbound: This item is Unbound, and may take permanent damage.||Walk the Butcher's Path, Warlock Cyressy's chest|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with more than one map
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Free to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 4 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 2 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Harbor quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Free Agents patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > The Butcher's Path quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > YouTube links > Links to YouTube