Would you be able to upload an image of the Level 16, Tier 3 Cutthroat's Smallblade? There is currently not a page created for this level of this item. A focus orb and examination sheet would be great. For further guidance on how to upload and name the file, see the following references: Help:Images & Naming policy. Thanks in advance!
Ague (Contributions • Message) 15:20, April 27, 2012 (EDT)
- I will try next time I'm online, although I am finding much of the wiki process (from your links) to be a lot to digest. Also, I'm not even sure you will see this message, as it was very unclear as to how to respond. Sirgleno (Contributions • Message) 18:20, April 28, 2012 (EDT)
- You are fine. I know it is a lot to take in all at once. If you have specific questions, any of the regulars or administrators will be able to help you out. Let's see if I can help you out some, huh? To upload a file, simply click the "Upload file" in the menu bar to the left, or go here (both take you to the same place). Choose the appropriate file from your computer, but make sure that it is already cropped so all that can be seen is the examine box along with the color of the border of the box. (Please don't use a custom skin for this, also make sure that the total file size is 2MB or smaller) For the file name, enter: Cutthroat's_Smallblade_16_3.xxx (replace xxx with the extension jpg or png). Hope this helps you get it uploaded. If you have any questions you can leave them here and myself or an administrator will answer you, or you can post on my talk page (Click Message in my sig).
- Once you get the file uploaded, I'll help you create the page and add all the information. It's much easier than it seems.
- EDIT - To sign your posts, just use 4 tildes (~~~~). It's good Wikiquette.
- Ague (Contributions • Message) 21:05, April 28, 2012 (EDT)
- A mostly complete guide to uploading files can be found here.
~~~~ is proper way to sign your posts. If you need any further help, do not be afraid to ask, there are many people here that would be happy to help you..
May I extend my warmest welcomes and offer you any help you may need? Thanks for your contributions, mate!
- ...First, you may want to check out our FAQ page.
- ...There's a wealth of wiki documentation on the Help page, perhaps some of it may be of use to you.
- ...Before you upload your screenshots, which we really appreciate, please read our file naming policy.
- ...With the wiki's most recent update from version 1.19 to 1.23, we now have many new features and abilities.
- ...There's a really good Introduction over on Wikipedia also, it should help you figure out what's going on if you're new to wikis in general.
- ...Don't forget to change your DDOwiki user preferences.
- ...We pride ourselves on providing the best and most accurate information possible and are happy to reward our editors with extra privileges for making that happen. The first step in the promotion ladder turns off the CAPTCHA edit tests and you can check out the details Here.
If you need help with something above and beyond what the links above can provide...
- ...Someone is most always available! You can drop me a message on my user talk page (which I watch like a hawk), grab my other contact info on my user page, or ask one of the users on the list of 16 administrators.
- ...Be sure to check out our live chat on the Discord chat server for DDOwiki or and our Social Media Sites!
Again, welcome to the wiki - and I can't thank you enough on behalf of the community for your help in making us the best DDO site around
Is this the only way to communicate on the wiki?
Couldn't figure out how to add to the conversation in Ague's page, so I dumped the conversation here to keep it going - and don't feel as bad filling up my talk page with improperly formatted stuff. A few things:
- I'd still like to know if the talk pages is the best/only/proper way to communicate on the wiki. My comment on captcha was an aside, and seemed to have derailed the conversation and question. Guess I'm taking that risk again here, but a simple answer to this first point would be great.
- 100 edits to get rid of captcha, yuk! Think for that reason, I probably won't make it to 100 edits - ironic. No need to further discuss this or respond to my complaining, just sayin' it seems punitive to set this at 100 (wouldn't 10 have the same intended impact - as anyone intentionally defacing the website could obviously do so anyways), and while I understand the perceived need to have a threshold or something, setting this at 100 is going to have the unintended effect of keeping me from making updates unless its something I especially care about. I probably wouldn't have done the image upload, and will also pass on creating the Smallblade page. Some people probably don't have as much of a problem w/ captcha as I do, and that's fine, but I really struggle at having to guess the words correctly every post (even to send messages?!?) I didn't post this to focus on whining, or to ask for some sort of special treatment, but assuming that you don't turn on captcha for the mods (which I'm confident is a very safe assumption), I thought a little perspective might be worth sharing since I'm not sure you realized that it would have this kind of impact on the captcha-averse.
- I'm going to assume the transclusion and noedit comments were directed at Ague, since I don't really get the point of the comment (or understand what the tag would do to make life easier).
I'm finding the use of a talk page to be very awkward, is this essentially the messaging system for the wiki? And, am I doing it right?
I did upload the image Smallblade level 16 Tier 3 as you requested, and think I got the file size right (Paint is tough to get the size precise on - unless there is a trick there too, probably is).
Anyways, I would like to take a crack at making the page, and you suggested that once I got the file uploaded that you'd be willing to help me get it together. How do we talk about that, through this user talk thingy?
Also, I really hate captcha, I often can't get it. I sure hope there is a way to send messages without having to guess at hard to read letters.
Sirgleno (Contributions • Message) 05:03, April 30, 2012 (EDT)
Sirgleno, unfortunately the only way around the captcha is to become a DDOWiki VIP. You basically have to make over 100 edits to become a VIP. Full details can be found here. And I encourage you to go ahead and create the page. We can talk through things that need to be altered, formatting, templates, and such on the talk page of the Smallblade. Sound like a plan?
Ague (Contributions • Message) 19:46, April 30, 2012 (EDT)
Image uploads count towards your edit count as well. There are also many administrators and senior editors that are more than willing to help... Just ask... As a side-note, do you have a transcluded someplace on this page, it is annoying to have to scroll through the entire this when I just want to make a comment on one section. -- ShoeMaker (Contributions • Message) 20:27, April 30, 2012 (EDT)
Yeah, the __NOEDITSECTION__ is transcluded in YOUR Welcome template, Tech... Sheesh...
Ague (Contributions • Message) 21:55, April 30, 2012 (EDT)
Last communique was borked!
So, I was clearly aggro with my last message, but do still want to know if the "talk" process (aka this leaving of messages) is the only way to communicate. Please confirm.
Sirgleno (Contributions • Message) 23:46, May 2, 2012 (EDT)
We have an IRC channel now (See top of page) Yawgmoth (Contributions • Message) 00:51, May 3, 2012 (EDT)
I uploaded it per Ague's directions elsewhere on this page, following the naming convention he stated (with jpg in place if xxx).
I don't see the image uploaded... "How" exactly did you upload it, or should I say "where"? -- ShoeMaker (Contributions • Message) 23:17, May 4, 2012 (EDT)
Despite your claim that you have issues interpreting the CAPTCHA, you have made a good faith attempt to make edits anyways. Therefor, I have taken it upon myself to promote you to a status that turns off the CAPTCHA for you. ShoeMaker (Contributions • Message) 18:46, May 7, 2012 (EDT)